Totally awesome barreling and action truing system

True Bore Alignment System

I've seen one in use (at SSG) and was so impressed with the capability it has to hold work stress free.
IMO -they are state of the art and a must have for holding/chucking totally stress free, as is so desired in gunsmithing for barreling and action truing.
Thanks SSG for the innovation !!!!

Donovan Moran

Hey guys,
Had to take a few pix of the progress.........hope you enjoy shiny metal.
Will be posting some more videos and pix of other cool stuff soon!

308nate

1-1/2" plate water-jetted circles.

0309121621b.jpg

operation side one.

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

operation two and three.

DSC_0093-1.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

plate two operation one.

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

Hope to be finishing these up by end of this week to the middle of next......

Nate,

Would this system work well on the smaller lathes like the 12x36's and if so is there and advantage to setting it up with a 6 jaw vs a collet chuck?

Nate,

Would this system work well on the smaller lathes like the 12x36's and if so is there and advantage to setting it up with a 6 jaw vs a collet chuck?

Yes, this system works fine on the 12x36 lathes. The only thing I am unsure of is the heavy 10 southbends with the bushing style spindle bearings. It may work fine, just not sure. There is great advantages to the 6 jaw over the collet system. With the collet system you need to buy a $75.00 collet for every different size work holding. and may have to make your own collets out of emergency C collets or have them custom made for the odd sizes. I highly recommend the 6 jaw chuck just for is versatility and excellent work hold ability.

Nate

Guys,
It's been awhile since I posted. It's been a crazy busy summer here.
I got a chance to take some video clips of my bolt holding fixture as well as a tapered bushing for holding barrels on a taper.
Thanks for all the purchases and interest. I am starting another run of these as I only have a few left.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RRckp0gjNA&list=UUSAZDTxjKNOuG_HWZoJxu8Q&index=2&feature=plcp]bolt truing jig - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5-U0dMad4k&list=UUSAZDTxjKNOuG_HWZoJxu8Q&index=1&feature=plcp]barrel holding sleeve - YouTube[/ame]

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.