Tornado that came by my house around 14 months ago!

bigbuck

This really doesnt pertain to LRH but it is something that comes back to me when I see the photos . Just thought I would share with you all.

Two days after my wife and I bring our brand new daughter home from the hospital . I just put the pink bow on the mail box to celebrate our new little princess . Something takes place that will be with our comunity from now on ! The picture of our church bus is setting within 24 feet from the front door on my house if you look closely u will see the front tire is up off the ground , that is because a fairly large tree is lying across the back of the buss. The tornado came with in 700 yards from running right over our house. The 2nd pic is what use to be a nice BRICK home these people where home when it came and had just run to the ditch because they could smell gas leaking, the only injury was the father had a broken ankle. (God is good) We had 2 tornadoes come by our home . One around 7 o clock in the morning and one aroung 5 o clock that evening . The evening tornadoe took down 8 trees behind my house and one in the front yard. It blew down One of my buildings and threw my metal car port about 60 yards behind my house. I was at home with my family when the 2nd tornado came by . I saw metal roofing get taken off one sheet at a time across the road, and each sheet just flew through the air about 20 feet off the ground (looked like they were going 100 miles an hour) . The other pics are of what used to be houses and they are no more than 1500 yards away from my house. 12 people died on our road . The plastic barrel has a short story as well. I use this garage frequently and the owner lives just across the street from his shop they took and cut a 55 gallon drum so they could catch oil and or fluids underneath cars anyways this was in their shop that got blown away and the tornado blew it into the side of the dormer on his house . The house sets atleast 200 yards away from there shop.The log cabin that you see in the photo can now be seen from my home as well. We got into the bathroom closet nelt down with a girls and begain to talk to God in prayer like never before, I could feel my house shaking as it went by. And I can still hear the sound that it made. I have several things I could say but , I just wanted to share these images with you all. Never take today for granted because you can never know what lyes ahead for that very day (or evening)........

P.S I was very fortunate compared to several of my neighbors!

Attachments

• 0427111908a.jpg
    0427111908a.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 0428110739a.jpg
    0428110739a.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 0429110854a.jpg
    0429110854a.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 0429110855a.jpg
    0429110855a.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 0506111331a.jpg
    0506111331a.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 13
  • 22194995184329841375995157956746.jpg
    22194995184329841375995157956746.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 12
bigbuck,

Happy you and yours made it through. That is the most distinct funnel cloud I've ever seen and I've seen a few. . . from a distance.

Nature is incredibly powerful!!!

Its good your prayers were answered. Says something good about your communication skills with 'upstairs'.

Wow! So many drama queens on the tv I downgrade the severity of most event to yeah right! It takes a first hand account like yours to register. Incredible picture of that cloud. Even on this small phone screen your message got through.

Wow! So many drama queens on the tv I downgrade the severity of most event to yeah right! It takes a first hand account like yours to register. Incredible picture of that cloud. Even on this small phone screen your message got through.

It was sent to me from a friend . Im still not sure of the exact location that this photo was took. (just wanted to clarify)
The tornado that came by was rated an F4 .

Roy, prayer is something so powerful but to be honest I take advantage of it and dont do it like I should but I am glad the Lord had mercy on us that day!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.