Tool to grab stuck round in Controlled Round Feed rifle?

Lee in Texas

Does anyone make a tool that goes in through the back of the action to grab a round when someone with butter fingers gets one stuck? It happened to me twice at the range with a 1917 Enfield in 264 Win Mag. I'm thinking something like the business end of a push-feed bolt, minus lugs. I really don't want to freak out the other shooters by tapping a cleaning rod down the muzzle on the firing line.

Is there such a thing out there?

The claw extractor should pick up the case and pull it out. If the cartridge was pushed into the chamber and not carried into the chamber by the bolt some exertion may be required to "snap" the claw over the rim but once done it should pluck the case out with ease. On the other hand if your rifle won't extract after firing you may have a faulty extractor or a rough chamber. I have experienced both of these on the same rifle recently. I had a new barrel installed on Gen I Ruger 77 22/250Rem and my claw extractor would pull the spent brass out every time but would lose it's grip and not eject and I would have to stick my finger into the ejection port and flick it out. I installed a new extractor and it would extract and eject an empty case or a loaded cartridge every time, but after firing it would not extract and the smith had to polish the chamber and now it works like new money.

Feeding from the magazine. The feed problem was me. I have only fired push-feed rifles before I got the Enfield. Still, I would not want to wait for a cease fire or call one because of a fumble.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.