Too Frugal to shoot?

I am an auto collision shop owner, and have jobs tied up waiting on parts since Sept. 2022
I had a deer run into the side of my truck about six weeks ago and the body shop told me they could not get to it until the end until March. I thought that was BS, but the more I inquired around I realized all shops were backed up.

I live in rural Ohio and have a private range, with pistol and up to 300yd rifle. This year there were only two friends that came out to shoot pistol and nothing for deer gun season or any other shooting. I usually see 15-30 friends and neighbors coming over every year just for Deer. Haven't seen anybody to ask yet, so my thoughts are the cost of the sport now?
It's as simple as this ladies and gentlemen. The bad people in our beloved country have created this crisis and their intentions, motivation and plans to deprive us the "second amendment community" is being put on display. We better stick together and be calculated with our actions or what we thought was a forever given right will be no longer.

It's as simple as this ladies and gentlemen. The bad people in our beloved country have created this crisis and their intentions, motivation and plans to deprive us the "second amendment community" is being put on display. We better stick together and be calculated with our actions or what we thought was a forever given right will be no longer.
Amen brother

My dad did that while he was in high school and wanted to shoot during WWII, before he went into the navy in '45.

Nitrocellulose film stopped being made (mostly) over 40 years ago. Not much to be found now- Low nitration too. Dad said it gunked up a rifle fast, was low performance.
Yea. It was a reference to show there are ways to think outside the modern commercial box. While I have not made any, yet, I had a friend who made his own nitrated "gun cotton" and experimented with it in various loads.

Personally, I have large supplies of various propellants, primers, bullets, etc, etc, and have numerous swage dies, jackets, casting molds, lead, etc, etc, so while I love to keep many of the old ways alive and experiment with others, I don't plan on running out in these last few years of my life. However, it is interesting to know if I or friends do, we can retrace some of the routes our fathers and grandfathers had to take.

I am an auto collision shop owner, and have jobs tied up waiting on parts since Sept. 2022
I can relate with you. I was a paint distributor for 33 years, sold out 5 years ago, just in time, The company that bought me said refinish material is hard to get, some collision parts were difficult to get even 5 years ago

I can relate with you. I was a paint distributor for 33 years, sold out 5 years ago, just in time, The company that bought me said refinish material is hard to get, some collision parts were difficult to get even 5 years ago
I did not tell you the whole truth, I did sell out a few years ago and now work at home now and then. I apologize for not telling you the whole truth.

My youngest son works at my old place, had 18 employees at that time, I
We're definitely getting off subject but out of curiosity how many employees work there now?
Not many want to work for a living nowadays and the ones with no work experience expect top dollar to start.
Possibly it's because you need top dollar to survive with the resident's inflation. (Yes resident)

Maybe 2 reasons 1No ammunition In my area .270 and other deer ammo was available to buy 2 Almost all hunting private proerties are being posted. EVEN IF THEY ARE IN ROLLED IN CLEAN AND GREEN TO PAY REDUCED TAXES Clean and green enrolled properties are to allow publicaccess . A natural gas developer is and has been buying up thousands of acres AND THEN LEASING IT AT$ 20 AN ACRES TO OTHERS TO POST NO HUNTING , THE END OF HUNTING IS NEAR !!!!

We're definitely getting off subject but out of curiosity how many employees work there now?
Not many want to work for a living nowadays and the ones with no work experience expect top dollar to start.
Possibly it's because you need top dollar to survive with the resident's inflation. (Yes resident)
I am thinking 10-12