Time for rebarrel which 6.5 to go with

The Sherman sounds interesting but I am not sure I want to have to fire form cases for it. What kind of barrel life are you guys getting out of your 6.5 shermans?

The reason I was looking at the 6.5-06 is because I have a ton of 30-06 brass lying around. I would be more interested in the creedmore if lapua starts making brass for it, I am also interested in the 6.5x47L for recoil reasons. I would like something that is mild on recoil and muzzle blast.

Thanks for the replies.

We have a couple approaching 2000 rounds with little or no loss in accuracy. With the 270 or 280 Norma brass, case life is also very good. I would not argue for a moment that the Lapua is not a great cartridge. The greatest asset of the Sherman is no doubt the velocity with the ability to shoot heavy bullets at long range and kill elk sized animals. This also gives it a big wind bucking advantage as well as more forgiving trajectory even for target shooting.........Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.