Tikka T3 WSM long action magazines

I bought mine 2 yrs ago. When I talk to them, they told me that it was specifically for the WSM case.

If you go here and scroll down, you will see short mag family of cartridges, under long action magazine
Right,
That's my point, they make 1 "do all" long action magazine, that supposedly feeds 30-06 based cartridges, short magnums and Belted Magnums.

I've tried both Mountain Tactical's and Hells Canyon Armory mags in my Tikka. My reco based on that experience is to either use factory or the Hells Canyon magazine. I couldn't get the Mountain Tactical mag to stay securely in my rifle and they couldn't offer any help other than to tell me to buy another mag release spring. Factory and HCA mags are very secure in my setup.
Interesting
Was it the gen 1 or gen 2?
I'm running a gen 2 in several tikkas chambered in saum /wsm and they're feeding much better than the plastic factory magazines.

From what I can tell, MT only makes 1 "do all" long action magazine, in a 3rd and 5-6rd capacities. And 1 short action in 3 and 5-6.
I've been told from a lot of people that they do not feed rebated rim cartridges very reliably.
I just looked at there new store, and your right . It doesn't show specifics for different cartridges. I would call them and see if there all the same. maybe they discontinued the one I have

I just looked at there new store, and your right . It doesn't show specifics for different cartridges. I would call them and see if there all the same. maybe they discontinued them
I bet it was when they switched from Gen1 to Gen2???

I bet it was when they switched from Gen1 to Gen2???
Mine was one of the first gen 2's.
but I just talked to them, and they told me that they fixed the feeding problem with the one size fits all mag. the new one has a red follower

Last edited by a moderator: