Tikka T3 270 WSM velocities?????

I have the same rig and have had great success. no issues other than barrel heat up. I am running 61 gr of RL-19 at mag length in Win brass, fed 215m primer, noz 140gr ballistic tips, full length RCBS dies. 3080fps is the sweet spot for my Tikka. with this load i am able to get .435 inch groups at 100, .68 at 200, .75 at 300 and 2 inch at 400 (nut behind the wheel problem , I do believe).

I have been waiting for the funds to finish the rebuild of the gun for going on 2 years. I have a Brux 8 twist, in #10 contour waiting in the safe, and 100 Matrix 175gr VLD's, that will be single fed do to being to long for factory mag and I dont feel like making the switch to ASICS system. The man you really need to talk to is Tikka Mike and BignGreen. both of those have t3's in 270wsm i do believe and are a cornucopia of information.

Good luck, stay safe, have tons of fun
Craig

tikkat3279WSM, thanks for posting your info. Nice to know others are looking for the same accuracy that i seek. Those figures are impressive. You are confirming my belief that this rifle/cartridge combo can produce exceptional accuracy. My rifle would only print 1.5" 3 shot groups with the 130 gn Hornady SP and Magpro. I just decided to use H414 and try it again. The starting load of 54 gn, new win cases, seating depth at the cannelure produced .52" for 3 shots. I throw all powder charges and weigh/check every fifth charge.

About your rifle build, please tell us more. Please keep us posted on the results. I for one think it has real possibilities. Good Luck.

Ezekiel, the rifle is being built as a just to see if if I can kinda deal. I live in eastern Pa and will be trying to get to the 1000 yds ranges here . I want to see if I can shoot accuracy a that range. The Tikka action is really great. So, I decided, what the heck. With the matrix 165 and 175 pills, it should be great. Stock will he a manners t4 Tikka, heavy fill with the upgraded stainless block.

Trm82, thanks for posting on RL17. I read somewhere else that RL17 was "THE" powder. Thanks for confirming it's usefulness. I will try it. I can't say enough good about this rifle/cartridge combo. After 4 nice Blacktail Bucks and 3 Black Bear to 400 lbs all one shot kills it's effectiveness has been confirmed. Thanks for all the info. Never had a problem with the Tikka T3 in a hunting situation. I would not hesitate to take larger game with it.
I would hunt anything in North America that stands on hooves with the 270 wsm.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.