Tikka T3 accuracy???

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by muleythumper, Nov 5, 2011.

1. muleythumper

muleythumper Well-Known Member

Has anybody got any insight on the Tikka T3 rifles? I am considering the Laminated Stainless, or the Varmint model.....either in 260 rem. or 25-06.

2. kansas45

kansas45 Well-Known Member

My Tikka Varmint rifles, a .223 S/S & a .308 in a XLR chassis are tac-drivers. The new chassis changed the .308 from a sub MOA to almost a one-holer!
    The actions on both rifles are butter smooth.

3. jessegibson1978

jessegibson1978 Well-Known Member

I have a T3 light in 300 win. It took a couple tries to find a load it liked heavier bullets than expected after I found a bullet it liked it shoots well under moa. I don't want to say exact group size as it was small enough for three seperate groups fired by me and a friend that really impressed both of us. That isn't an easy thing to do with a factory rifle. That being said I love mine a couple things, the magazine length for this cartridge means seating the bullet deep into the case very close to saami specs, it seems to have quite a bit of free bore. This doesn't both me but some people don't like it. Also this rifle weights under 8 pounds loaded im sure you know the trade off with a light rifle. For the places I hunt I don't think I could have found a better rifle the action is super smooth decent adjustable trigger will drop down around 2 pounds breaks very clean. If you are looking for a light hunting rifle I would highly recommend the Tikka. If you want something for longer range you may want to look for a heavier platform for stability. Good luck.

4. chucknbach

chucknbach Well-Known Member

Have a T3 lite in 7 mag. .5" to 1" at 100

5. crittrgittr

crittrgittr Well-Known Member

I've got one in 22-250: one holer.. Two thumbs up.

6. 6.5shaggy

6.5shaggy Well-Known Member

Plain Jane 30-06 .5 moa 5 shots all day with handloads. Light, tight and super smooth.

7. mtbohunter

mtbohunter Active Member

I have a T3 22-250 bull barrel that shoots .5 groups at 100 with the cheap 40rd box of Win 45gr hallow points! With this round I mapped it to 500 for coyotes with a $200 Nikon 4-14 and it shoots 5" at 500 with this round! I could not have ever asked for anything more in a coyote blaster!! Ill be on the Less Johnson calls again soon looking for another lucky volunteer!
    In 25-06 or 260 I think you will be pleased. :D

8. SavageScott

SavageScott Well-Known Member

I personally am a Savage/ Browning guy but you CANNOT go wrong with a Tikka (and 25.06 is a great caliber). You won't have any regrets.

9. muleythumper

muleythumper Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the great accounts on behalf of the Tikka rifles. It helps narrow down my choices!

10. tigguy

tigguy Well-Known Member

Tikka? No thanks!

11. Maq Attaq

Maq Attaq Well-Known Member

I have a 300 WSM in the T3 Lite....great rifle...smooth action and the trigger pull is sweet....can't go wrong

12. Angus

Angus Member

I absolutely love my Tikka .300 win mag. It is just a great gun.

13. danj

danj Well-Known Member

Got a T-3 25/06 stainless . .5 to 1 MOA all day long with several different loads. You can't go wrong with a T-3.

14. 7mmRemMag

7mmRemMag Well-Known Member

My buddy has one in 300wsm shoots great. Under .5 groups at 100 Yards. He just killed a mule deer with it in NM its a great gun cant go wrong. I'm looking to get one in 270wsm because of how impressed ive been with his.