Tikka T3 accuracy???

muleythumper

Has anybody got any insight on the Tikka T3 rifles? I am considering the Laminated Stainless, or the Varmint model.....either in 260 rem. or 25-06.

My Tikka Varmint rifles, a .223 S/S & a .308 in a XLR chassis are tac-drivers. The new chassis changed the .308 from a sub MOA to almost a one-holer!
The actions on both rifles are butter smooth.

I have a T3 light in 300 win. It took a couple tries to find a load it liked heavier bullets than expected after I found a bullet it liked it shoots well under moa. I don't want to say exact group size as it was small enough for three seperate groups fired by me and a friend that really impressed both of us. That isn't an easy thing to do with a factory rifle. That being said I love mine a couple things, the magazine length for this cartridge means seating the bullet deep into the case very close to saami specs, it seems to have quite a bit of free bore. This doesn't both me but some people don't like it. Also this rifle weights under 8 pounds loaded im sure you know the trade off with a light rifle. For the places I hunt I don't think I could have found a better rifle the action is super smooth decent adjustable trigger will drop down around 2 pounds breaks very clean. If you are looking for a light hunting rifle I would highly recommend the Tikka. If you want something for longer range you may want to look for a heavier platform for stability. Good luck.

I have a T3 22-250 bull barrel that shoots .5 groups at 100 with the cheap 40rd box of Win 45gr hallow points! With this round I mapped it to 500 for coyotes with a $200 Nikon 4-14 and it shoots 5" at 500 with this round! I could not have ever asked for anything more in a coyote blaster!! Ill be on the Less Johnson calls again soon looking for another lucky volunteer!
In 25-06 or 260 I think you will be pleased. :D

I personally am a Savage/ Browning guy but you CANNOT go wrong with a Tikka (and 25.06 is a great caliber). You won't have any regrets.

My buddy has one in 300wsm shoots great. Under .5 groups at 100 Yards. He just killed a mule deer with it in NM its a great gun cant go wrong. I'm looking to get one in 270wsm because of how impressed ive been with his.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.