Tikka problem anyone ever see this

From the pricture, it is definitely a manufacturing failure for making the steel. IMHO it should be covered under manufacturing defects. They could not forsee it, but how the deal with it says a lot about the company.

Tikka t3 300 win mag 72 rounds through the rifle opened the action one day & the back end of the bolt dovetail broke off the rifle hasbeen babied since I purchased it New got a hold of Tikka customer service & they said it's past warranty & they won't do anything about it even though it's clearly a manufacturing defect. A replacement bolt is 400.00 lol I only pay 700.00 for the rifle
Weld the piece back on and fit it.

I think I would post a WTB add for a bolt, enough guys have bought LRI bolts that you sometime see factory bolts for sale now. Look out for scammers with the wtb these days.

Or hunt down the cheapest tikka you can find, pull the barrel and keep the bolt then sell the stripped action, stock and bottom metal and barrel and try to recoup enough to not be in the bolt 400.00 bucks.

Too bad. Hadn't heard that Beretta CS had gone down hill. You'd think that for the cost of a bolt they'd want to keep stories like this off the internet. FWIW, I hate to put a number on it because over quite a few years I really don't know how high it would be, but I have what I consider to be a high volume of magnum rounds through Tikkas, and I have yet to experience a hiccup or sticky bolt.

I own a number of Tikkas, Benelli autos, and Beretta O/U's. Haven't had trouble with any of them, so can't comment directly on their CS. I will say that I consider each of them to be of high quality and that, by extension, I will continue to purchase these products. That being said, anything mechanical can fail, so I'm not surprised to see of an issue here and there.

As has been stated, Tikka bolts come up for sale here and there. Be patient; you'll come by what you need for a fair price. And even if you have to pay the $400, it definitely is a bummer, man, but you'll have a great set up all said and done.

Other option would be to list it as is. Someone looking for an action to work off for a customized rig might be interested.

Sorry to hear that. Is customer service through Beretta USA? I had an issue with a Sako and my email to Beretta went unanswered.
I've had issues in the past with customer service at Beretta USA when I had an extractor blow out shortly after buying a new Sako. It took 6 months to get the replacement parts under warranty, got the parts repaired the rifle and sold it.

First, I would not touch the bolt. Once you alter the bolt, you have zero leverage. The question I have is this a simple manufacturing defect or is it a product safety defect especially if this defect is known and has been reported to Tikka.

What is the perceived risk of this bolt failure if it failed during firing?