Tikka problem anyone ever see this

Tikka doesn't HAVE customer service at all. Its very well known that they never have , never will. That is a factory defect tho so I hope you hassle the chit out of them and get a new one. I broke my bolt, my fault completely, and got an LRI bolt. Its a tiny bit nicer. Nicer handle etc.

Tikka doesn't HAVE customer service at all. Its very well known that they never have , never will. That is a factory defect tho so I hope you hassle the chit out of them and get a new one. I broke my bolt, my fault completely, and got an LRI bolt. Its a tiny bit nicer. Nicer handle etc.
Good to know.

I'm still going to buy them because I like a lot of the design characteristics, but if I'd ever need to use their CS, I find it's always best to have expectations closely aligned with reality.

Good to know.

I'm still going to buy them because I like a lot of the design characteristics, but if I'd ever need to use their CS, I find it's always best to have expectations closely aligned with reality.
Yes,.. so FEW "Problems" for, the MILLIONS Sold and, so MUCH to, LIKE about, the Lite "Mountain Carry" Tikka weight/ Balance, the Rifle's Awesome ACCURACY, Smoothness of Operation, etc, etc., for,.. the PRICE !
Personally, I'd GAMBLE $50.00 first and, Ship that, Rifle to, the Factory,.. THEN # 2,.. WELD it !

Good to know.

Oh I absolutely agree! I'll be getting more Tikkas, their actions and trigger design run in ANY conditions, ice ,snow ,dust, pour water on em and freeze it, still works, heavily tested. Just don't try tapping the bolt back like me being an idiot.

My 3 THREE Tikka's, Scoped with, Burris's,.. 4.5 x 14 or 6.5 x20 Scopes, Cost me TOTAL, the Price of, ONE,.. Custom Rifle !

Last edited:
Oh I absolutely agree! I'll be getting more Tikkas, their actions and trigger design run in ANY conditions, ice ,snow ,dust, pour water on em and freeze it, still works, heavily tested. Just don't try tapping the bolt back like me being an idiot.
If you do tap on the Tikka bolt, use a hammer made of Flubber. :)

Tikka rifles have been very popular for a long time now. I almost bought one a couple of years ago, but went another direction. I just can't understand why they would not step up on a known issue and make it right. Sometimes we broad-brush issues and make a relatively small number of issues into an attack on their entire product line. This happens quite frequently in our hunting and shooting world. Customer service is still important and neglecting it will ultimately negatively impact a company's bottom line.

Yes,.. so FEW "Problems" for, the MILLIONS Sold and, so MUCH to, LIKE about, the Lite "Mountain Carry" Tikka weight/ Balance, the Rifle's Awesome ACCURACY, Smoothness of Operation, etc, etc., for,.. the PRICE !
Personally, I'd GAMBLE $50.00 first and, Ship that, Rifle to, the Factory,.. THEN # 2,.. WELD it !
I don't doubt that some Tikkas have had issues; nothing is infallible.

IME, they've been very rugged. I'd say part of the issue is that you encounter and or hear of problems with Tikkas so infrequently, that when you do, it's noteworthy.

I ran 700's, Savages, Ruger 77s, A-Bolts and a few more odds and ends for years - had mostly minor issues with each here and there, but no one ever raised a brow if you talked about or reported it.

I'd venture to Guess that, THIS Bolt breakage "thing", has happened, LESS than, 5 Times out of several Millions of, Tikka's,.. Sold.
But also believe that, IF Factory Ammo was, Used,.. THEY should Warranty this, NO Matter,.. how Old, the Rifle was.
I've beat ( with a small wood 2x4 ) on my New Tikka, 6.5 Creedmoor Bolt, when I ran a slightly, over Pressured Handload, in NEW Petersen Brass with, NO problem of, Breakage or, Cracking, the Bolt.

LRI also feels it's a design defect, so they manufacture their replacement bolts to address it:

Stress analysis proved that the dovetail handle geometry creates a stress concentration. To mitigate the risk of failure we chose to temper this feature and wire EDM corner fillets to create a virtual corner (dog bone) to distribute the loads more effectively. Because of this added feature, OEM and aftermarket handles may not fit.

LRI also feels it's a design defect, so they manufacture their replacement bolts to address it:

Stress analysis proved that the dovetail handle geometry creates a stress concentration. To mitigate the risk of failure we chose to temper this feature and wire EDM corner fillets to create a virtual corner (dog bone) to distribute the loads more effectively. Because of this added feature, OEM and aftermarket handles may not fit.
Yes. I have their bolt. Thats the ONLY thing that they felt could be improved upon, otherwise it's an exact clone of a stock Tikka bolt. It headspaced perfectly in my action, I was pleased to find.