Thoughts on antler restrictions

I hate sidetracking the thread. Sorry to the OP. And this will be my last post about birds. lol But if it is the predators. Why do some areas such as South Dakota have such luck with their birds ? I would assume they have the same predators. And look at the turkeys. They have been a success. It just baffles me. I know the Pheasant is not a native bird, but it has shown, it can survive. We had good numbers for a long time.
Habitat is the key to defeat the ever growing predator population. Out west they have so much ground that the bird population can sustain itself. In PA we are losing more open ground every day and keep adding predators, fishers and soon it will be pine martens. Just what we need is another egg eater....

I hate sidetracking the thread. Sorry to the OP. And this will be my last post about birds. lol But if it is the predators. Why do some areas such as South Dakota have such luck with their birds ? I would assume they have the same predators. And look at the turkeys. They have been a success. It just baffles me. I know the Pheasant is not a native bird, but it has shown, it can survive. We had good numbers for a long time.
Loss of habitat is one of the big ones. Hawk #s are way up

Q UESTION What you you rather eat a young 2 1/2 year old or an 8 year year old ... TRUE STORY my granddad had an 18 year old jersey cow that became to old so he said he was going to butcher it . I said why not take it to the sale barn . HIS RESPONSE WAS DO NOT SELL ANYTHING YOU WOULD NOT EAT . YOUR OLD LEATHER BOOT WOULD HAVE TASTED BETTER , So do you eat old bucks or feedit to your dog.

Q UESTION What you you rather eat a young 2 1/2 year old or an 8 year year old ... TRUE STORY my granddad had an 18 year old jersey cow that became to old so he said he was going to butcher it . I said why not take it to the sale barn . HIS RESPONSE WAS DO NOT SELL ANYTHING YOU WOULD NOT EAT . YOUR OLD LEATHER BOOT WOULD HAVE TASTED BETTER , So do you eat old bucks or feedit to your dog.
I eat em all!

Bologna & sweet sticks, it gets mixed with other deer.