This is why I whack coyotes.

Yes sir bears,coyotes,coons and fox are not welcomed here! Just leved 2 coons that beat me to the chicken coop before I got them shut in!! They met quik silver my pet 22-250!!!

Quicksilver ...... I love it !!!! You are the first guy I've ever heard of who names his rifles. That's beautiful, and I am now wondering why I have never thought of that. I'll bet that shooting the 22-250 inside the chicken house rang your ears for a while. Did you just poke the barrel in through a window, or did you go right in there with them ? I'll bet that would have been funny to watch, whichever way you chose to fix their wagon. Your chickens probably won't lay any eggs for about a week after that hoo-rah.

A lot of the states here have a whole different out look then California and Colorado . It is said that there are around six firearms per house hold average in Wyoming I'm not sure that isn't kind of a low estimate . The ranchers I know tend to believe in protecting their family and livestock .

I'm doing my best to boost the averages here in my state. I'm betting that you are, too.

Quicksilver ...... I love it !!!! You are the first guy I've ever heard of who names his rifles. That's beautiful, and I am now wondering why I have never thought of that. I'll bet that shooting the 22-250 inside the chicken house rang your ears for a while. Did you just poke the barrel in through a window, or did you go right in there with them ? I'll bet that would have been funny to watch, whichever way you chose to fix their wagon. Your chickens probably won't lay any eggs for about a week after that hoo-rah.
Noooo shot of the corner of the house with the wifey in control of the spotlight it's 80 yards from the house! She asked if chickens had big red eyes I jumped afire and didn't have to look just whistled to quik silver to the rescue! It's a stainless win 70 classic but I had it rebarreled and Cerakote sniper grey. It's just my go to gun that never misses!!!!!!
E8C715CF-6262-44E4-8CE6-5CA4B94B40F9.jpeg
E8C715CF-6262-44E4-8CE6-5CA4B94B40F9.jpeg

Attachments

• 981BBD34-3A7D-4B9C-A871-832ADF066978.jpeg
    981BBD34-3A7D-4B9C-A871-832ADF066978.jpeg
    530.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 2A75966C-C905-40C9-9B88-FE3E52392D49.jpeg
    2A75966C-C905-40C9-9B88-FE3E52392D49.jpeg
    863.5 KB · Views: 116
  • B875BF5E-11BE-4024-95CE-95970260F64C.jpeg
    B875BF5E-11BE-4024-95CE-95970260F64C.jpeg
    608.6 KB · Views: 132
  • B4C814CE-AC33-4806-BF3C-A86D69BD822D.jpeg
    B4C814CE-AC33-4806-BF3C-A86D69BD822D.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 116
Noooo shot of the corner of the house with the wifey in control of the spotlight it's 80 yards from the house! She asked if chickens had big red eyes I jumped afire and didn't have to look just whistled to quik silver to the rescue! It's a stainless win 70 classic but I had it rebarreled and Cerakote sniper grey. It's just my go to gun that never misses!!!!!! View attachment 198228View attachment 198228

The way you wrote the story I thought the raccoons ran into the chicken coop and you went in after them to give them the business. A 22 rimfire isn't too bad inside a small farm building, but anything bigger is pretty loud. Far better that you could deal with them from a distance.

You've racked up some impressive kills with Quicksilver. That's a very large red fox, and a particularly nice buck. That's also a very fine looking young lad with the fox. Pretty soon he'll be defending the chicken house for you. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Noooo shot of the corner of the house with the wifey in control of the spotlight it's 80 yards from the house! She asked if chickens had big red eyes I jumped afire and didn't have to look just whistled to quik silver to the rescue! It's a stainless win 70 classic but I had it rebarreled and Cerakote sniper grey. It's just my go to gun that never misses!!!!!! View attachment 198228View attachment 198228
Awesome pictures,a future varmint hunter in the making.

Yes sir bears,coyotes,coons and fox are not welcomed here! Just leved 2 coons that beat me to the chicken coop before I got them shut in!! They met quik silver my pet 22-250!!!
I had the same problem ,my friend let this boy stay with me a couple night,guarding the coop,end of problem coons wrecked in seconds.I now have an electric fence,this boy shown here now works for the US border patrol.A serious dog.
dog.jpg

Ohlongarm , That sir is a good looking animal . I suspect that he is very dedicated to his work . I truly love to watch when humans and animals work together and fit each other well it's almost as if they are one , reading each others moves and becoming one fluid movement .

Nicholasjohn , I actually have been thinning my herd . I gave two to my brother , one to my sister and ten to my grandson . I am down to eight and they feel a little lonely but will adjust I think . Some are named some aren't yet . But all of my trucks have the same first name Flea Mobile , 1 was the first . To how ever many I end up wearing out I'm on 7 now . I only keep them for 150,000 to 200,000 miles or ten years which ever comes first

Nicholasjohn , I actually have been thinning my herd . I gave two to my brother , one to my sister and ten to my grandson . I am down to eight and they feel a little lonely but will adjust I think . Some are named some aren't yet . But all of my trucks have the same first name Flea Mobile , 1 was the first . To how ever many I end up wearing out I'm on 7 now . I only keep them for 150,000 to 200,000 miles or ten years which ever comes first
Are you talking about my Toyota Tacoma,I had the same idea,only it was 10 years and 300,000 miles,and my 2003 ran 13 years and 400,000 and running strong when I traded in 2016. PS,just messing with you.

Ohlongarm , That sir is a good looking animal . I suspect that he is very dedicated to his work . I truly love to watch when humans and animals work together and fit each other well it's almost as if they are one , reading each others moves and becoming one fluid movement .

He can do it all,track,attack,drugs,cadavers,very prey driven intense animal,you have to kill him to stop him.

I only got rid of the flea mobiles because I didn't want to be 30 to 65 miles from town with more miles or years then that on them . He sounds like a dog I could love to watch work . They aren't all that common that can do it all but there are quite a few good ones out there in the world and some that just need to be exposed to the right person to allow them to blossom into what they can become .

I only got rid of the flea mobiles because I didn't want to be 30 to 65 miles from town with more miles or years then that on them . He sounds like a dog I could love to watch work . They aren't all that common that can do it all but there are quite a few good ones out there in the world and some that just need to be exposed to the right person to allow them to blossom into what they can become .

I have a "flea-mobile" of my own, and I'm thinking that it may be time for a new ride. Just like yourself, I'm losing confidence in its reliability. For a while it was getting a little fussy about starting, especially after it had been sitting in the garage for a week or two without going anywhere. Nobody could find anything wrong with it, but it seemed to me like it just wasn't getting fuel. I had a guy replace a couple of relays in the electrical supply to the fuel pump, and it seems to be OK now. That said, I'm not all that sure I want to go up the mountain with it, and find myself stuck someplace. It's a '95 Toyota 4-Runner, and every time I take it to a garage for service somebody wants to buy it from me. I think maybe it's time to part with the old girl, and get something with a bed. A load of firewood is a pain in the keester to unload, and an maneuvering an elk carcass around in it is a gymnastic event. A regular pick-up would probably serve my purposes better, but one with all the new-fangled gadgets might be an even bigger pain in the butt than crawling in & out of the back of an SUV. Still deciding ……...

My billionaire friend in New York,has imported the best in the world ,dogs are his passion,if you ever need one,i'll send you a contact number,he's a common guy and doesn't flaunt his fortune but has spared no expense in getting the real deal from overseas throughout the years.

I started running the S-10'S or that sized pick up's a lot of years ago as they are easier to dig out of the snow , maneuver well and don't sink into the mud or snow as bad as a full sized one . I like the bed to put the stinky stuff in as well as fleas and it helps keep my sent off of things . I like spray in bed liners and just a bed cover not a shell for what I do . Years ago there was a company in Montana that built good overhead gun racks that were solid and had padding on them not the square tubing ones that are also built in Montana . They will last a life time and move from one truck to another with ease . It's not hard to make a good over head rack with 1/2" plywood and some padding as well as a little covering and hook and loop with a wide strap to hold the rifle in against some stops that don't rub on the scope . some 1/8 " aluminum for mounting brackets that will hook over the molding and screw to it . My truck is kind of a rolling work shop .

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts