This is why I whack coyotes.

Ohlongarm

Rather have these around then them. These here were all snared.Except for one,don't know how he got in there.
coy3.jpeg
coy4.jpeg
coy5.jpeg
coy6.jpeg
00.jpg
001.jpg
002.jpg

Attachments

• river.jpg
    river.jpg
    458.3 KB · Views: 499
  • river1.jpg
    river1.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 521
  • river2.jpg
    river2.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 509
Those are some great turkey pics. So many! That's fun. We used to have a 'rafter' (pack) of three that ran around the neighborhood and during mating season, they'd get feisty and chase my son around. He hated those **** birds, ha! Someone eventually made them into a meal. My son didn't seem to mind their absence.

As for the coyotes, they are prolific and adaptable. It's good to knock down their numbers when you can to allow other species to proliferate a bit. Seems like you are definitely doing your part.

Well done !
Now I understand why you have so many coyotes also
Amen, I live within a 22000 acre forest with no access to anyone near me,it houses a ton of game,I've relentlessly pursued coyotes with a passion ,it has made a difference in the deer ,turkey,rabbit,and squirrel population despite what the biologists say. The fawns now many can live to mature as do the turkeys,i'm seeing now dozens of turkey poults with the hens everywhere,a good sign.Today I saw half a dozen does with fawns,some twins,and didn't go back more than two acres.

Amen, I live within a 22000 acre forest with no access to anyone near me,it houses a ton of game,I've relentlessly pursued coyotes with a passion ,it has made a difference in the deer ,turkey,rabbit,and squirrel population despite what the biologists say. The fawns now many can live to mature as do the turkeys,i'm seeing now dozens of turkey poults with the hens everywhere,a good sign.Today I saw half a dozen does with fawns,some twins,and didn't go back more than two acres.
Do you ever think about having a roommate I'm available

Arkansas came out with predator control permit. Just to help the turkeys, deer, quail in mind. You can hunt coyotes, bobcats, grey fox, red fox, coons, oppsums, skunks. U can kill them anytime with spot light by any method. 365. The permit is free good for private land only. It's going to be the first winter coming up I can hunt at night. We have about 1/4 of turkeys we used to have. But way to many deer. Quail r far and few. Some places here have urban hunts bow only no limit hunts. Dont count on the yr limit. So when u buy your hunting license. U get 6 deer tags. The hogs r hard on Turkeys nest to. They will eat baby deer if they find them. U can hunt them anytime. U can shoot them and leave them. I always shoot the younger ones too eat.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.