The coolest thing I've seen so far!!!!!!!!

goodgrouper

The coolest thing I\'ve seen so far!!!!!!!!

I don't know if I should post this in the OPTICS section because I'm not sure it is an optic! But it is definetly something that makes hitting the mark easier.
The wave of the future coming to a range near you!!

Let's see, if I find Osama Bin Laden and give his head to Pres. Bush, I would probably be able to afford this baby!

Gottahaveit, gottahaveit, gottahaveit...

www.elcansportingoptics.com

Re: The coolest thing I\'ve seen so far!!!!!!!!

About 2 years ago we had something similar at the prototype shop. It looked very similar but a bit more basic. You set the scope for zero at 100 meters then again at 200 meters and again at 500 meters, after that the IR laser finds the range the cross-hairs move to that elevation out to 1200 meters. The scope sent pictures to a wireless receiver up to a 1/4 mile away. Problem was with power supply. This company seems to have worked out the problems and even improved it. The scope was designed with the police in mind, they would have video evidence and training video.

GG,
You're right! This is something we got to play with.
Reading here:http://www.showmenews.com/2005/Feb/20050214Spor015.asp
it says this:
[ QUOTE ]
The DigitalHunter will be in gun shops this summer. The retail price has yet to be established, but Ward said it probably will be about $1,500, roughly equivalent to a top-quality optical telescopic sight.

[/ QUOTE ]
Also of interest this:
[ QUOTE ]
The hunter can enlarge the image he sees from 2.5 to 13.5 times by pressing a button, just as he can enlarge the image on a standard telescopic sight by adjusting the variable power ring.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet!!! That is one cool scope!
That is definitly something to take a look at!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.