DUMBEST THING I'VE DONE IN A WHILE

I'd wager many of us have had such mishaps with our toys. Sometimes it costs time and money. I knocked a lever action off the bench after telling myself two minutes earlier to move it before I knock it off. I broke the scope and needed a new one. You learn to shrug it off. Sometimes it's time consuming and costly. Do what you planned to do with the barrel. Exercise patience and accept the outcome. Wether it be time, money , effort or all three,tell yourself it's the price we pay for our passions. Don't get yourself too disgusted or sick over it. It's not worth it. Easier said than done, but just bite the bullet. I once banged up a brand new Steyr Mannlicher AAA grade stock as my semi auto flung the spent cases at it. Numerous dings all over the beautiful stock. I laugh about it now, even though when it happened I was sick to my stomach. 😂 lol

As said - We've all done similar at some time or another. I know how you feel. For a little peace-of-mind, if you have a machine shop handy - get them to chuck up in a lathe or even vee-block assembly and measure runout.

If it makes you feel better, I knocked my 204 TC encore off the gun rack onto the concrete slab at the range last week. Scope got dinged and the laminated butt stock split through the thumb hole. Adding further insult, the glue I used for the repair made quite the mess and the surgical tubing I used to secure the stock during curing is now affixed to the stock.
With that surgical tubing...you could maybe put a piece of leather in it and have a slingshot you won't lose for handy follow up shots!🤗

I would try to repair it as stated above, taking off just enough so the barrel screws in and out like it did before. you are the first person that I've heard that has the Waco Switch Lug mod. If I gave you my info, would you call, text, or email me so I could talk to you about it. I bought/have some actions that I want to convert to that system. I also agree with the gent above about protecting the threads. I am going to make some thread protectors, probably out of aluminum or plastic. It would be simple making them out of 1 1/4" aluminum rod.

In case I misread, the WTO stands for West Texas Ordnance. I have their switch lug systems on 2 of my rifles and love them. One is a standard bolt face, the other is a magnum. You want to change calibers? Just get another barrel, have it chambered and threaded and screw it on. Same receiver, trigger, stock and scope you're used to! Got 6-8 barrels for mine. Love it. Takes maybe 3 minutes to swap barrels. Any competent gunsmith can do it. Google West Texas Ordnance. There's a good video to watch.

In case I misread, the WTO stands for West Texas Ordnance. I have their switch lug systems on 2 of my rifles and love them. One is a standard bolt face, the other is a magnum. You want to change calibers? Just get another barrel, have it chambered and threaded and screw it on. Same receiver, trigger, stock and scope you're used to! Got 6-8 barrels for mine. Love it. Takes maybe 3 minutes to swap barrels. Any competent gunsmith can do it. Google West Texas Ordnance. There's a good video to watch.
I am a huge fan of switch barrel rifles, however I have not seen one of these in action, so I am going to check it out.
All of my own builds are shouldered switch barrels…it works for me so it is easy set-up for my shop.
Good info.👌

Cheers.

Leaned rifle up against a maple smooth bark tree that had big rocks next to it. Told myself not a really good idea and yep, rifle slid off the very smooth bark maple tree and scope hit a rock perfectly. I look at the objective lens and was relieved it was not cracked or marred. Though there was no reticle to be seen.:mad:🤬

We all have walked down this road. That is how we learn sometimes...the hard way.

Personally, I would rather clean it thoroughly, then use the correct die to correct threads, as needed. Clean. Carefully inspect, then re-assemble!

Leaned rifle up against a maple smooth bark tree that had big rocks next to it. Told myself not a really good idea and yep, rifle slid off the very smooth bark maple tree and scope hit a rock perfectly. I look at the objective lens and was relieved it was not cracked or marred. Though there was no reticle to be seen.:mad:🤬

We all have walked down this road. That is how we learn sometimes...the hard way.
Years back I bird hunted with a guy that used a classic Ansley H Fox side by side. When we got back to the car, an old chevy station wagon, he leaned it up against the side of the car. When the dogs hopped into the back they rocked the car, the shotgun slid off and fell on a rock putting a dent in that perfectly smooth shiny blue barrel. Another time during hunter safety course, where you have to demonstrate how to safely cross a fence one of the students leaned his rifle on the second strand of barbed wire while we stood around chatting. Somewhere down the fence a cow or something hit the fence sending a ripple up the wire causing his rifle to slide down the wire put a few nice nicks and scratches in the barrel and scope.