That's One Fine Looking Cartridge

Nimrodmar10

Sitting here on the last day of Tennessee's Deer Season. The sun is shining, it's a warm 50 degrees. I don't expect to see any bucks big enough to shoot, but I just spotted a fist sized rock at 360 yards. What the heck, why not. So dialed up 4.75 MOA elevation and 1.5 MOA left wind and sent a 147 gr. ELD-M. The stone powdered and I grinned.
When I reloaded, I looked at the shell shining in the sun and said to myself: That's a fine looking cartridge. I've only had it a couple of months, but it continues to impress me. 6.5 PRC

Attachments

• 20200105_151848.jpg
    20200105_151848.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 530
Sitting here on the last day of Tennessee's Deer Season. The sun is shining, it's a warm 50 degrees. I don't expect to see any bucks big enough to shoot, but I just spotted a fist sized rock at 360 yards. What the heck, why not. So dialed up 4.75 MOA elevation and 1.5 MOA left wind and sent a 147 gr. ELD-M. The stone powdered and I grinned.
When I reloaded, I looked at the shell shining in the sun and said to myself: That's a fine looking cartridge. I've only had it a couple of months, but it continues to impress me. 6.5 PRC

Can't say as I blame you a bit. Many rocks, bobcats, coyotes, and trees have died due to me getting bored sitting in a blind or hide up on hill.

I guess I'm thinking about one too. I already got a 6.5-284 and I think they are similar Ballistically but mine's a tank and I need something lighter. I wish Cooper would chamber the Backcountry in 6.5 PRC. I have looked at the HC speed and the Ridgeline but they really don't do it for me.

I guess I'm thinking about one too. I already got a 6.5-284 and I think they are similar Ballistically but mine's a tank and I need something lighter. I wish Cooper would chamber the Backcountry in 6.5 PRC. I have looked at the HC speed and the Ridgeline but they really don't do it for me.
Call them. I'd just about bet you that we'll be seeing a ton of new offerings in 6.5PRC after the shot show.

I am really into my rums and 338 edge but I had a 6.5 prc put together by my Smith and I love it! Between me and the kids we have 3 of them now. Just a blast to shoot. And at half the cost of the edge to shoot!

I went from shooting STW's RUM's and Win Mag's along with the .375's to the .260's fr four years. Didn't regret it for a second and still keep the .260's for practical, affordable, high volume shooting like hog elimination missions and predators.

Here is my new Ridgeline in 6.5 PRC with Leupold 3-15x44. Took it out this weekend for its first range session and it shot well. Just shooting factory ammo to get the barrel broken in properly but it did shoot well, roughly 1moa at 200 yards and shot outstanding at 500 yards, less than 1 moa. I think its going to be a keeper, nice an light and it comes up well.
Rilfe Photo.jpg

I hope to own one soon. May I ask the particulars of the rifle you chose and why?

The rifle is the Savage 110 High Country. I bought the Savage because it is a great looking gun. With the bronze Cerakote, great looking camo stock, fluted barrel and bolt, it just looks good. I've had really good luck with Savage rifles, so I knew this one would shoot. I'm an avid reloader, but lots of hunters aren't. I knew that Hornady would have very accurate factory loads for this caliber, just like they did with the 6.5 Creedmoor. The 6.5 PRC really is the big brother to the 6.5 Creedmoor.
I've got lots of rifles, but I wanted one that would be my main weapon for all big game, from whitetails to moose. This gun fills the bill.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.