338 Winchester Magnum

The 230 ELDX can turn the 338 Win Mag into a LR rifle as good as the 7RM. The BC and the velocity match very well to the same as a hand loaded 6.5 Creedmoor. .3 G7 and low to mid 2800s.

The 230 ELDX can turn the 338 Win Mag into a LR rifle as good as the 7RM. The BC and the velocity match very well to the same as a hand loaded 6.5 Creedmoor. .3 G7 and low to mid 2800s.
If you can get consistent ones. .338 230eldx Last 3 1st grade boxes I got. Weight 231.7- 228.3 tip to base very by 20 thousand. Ogiv to base very by 10 thousand. The amount of copper fouling is massive. I've had issues with hornady leaving massive amounts of copper fouling. In 5 different rifles and cal. Eldx sst eldm and interlock.
Before you say it's the rifle. Nosler sierra Barnes and hammer doesn't do it. Just hornady. It's so bad in my 338 15 shots and groups open up. In my 308. 30 shots and groups double in size. As I said I have not had this issue with Nosler sierra Barnes or hammer.

Yup, that is what happens. Usually the groups get larger before you figure out the rifle, then one of two things will happen. Either you will duplicate really good factory ammo, or you will develop something just a bit better. In either case as long as it shoots sub moa with preferably all rounds touching, I am a happy camper.
View attachment 569364
Teri Anne
When you get that Rifle to shoot well with a good load you are going to sell to me for $300.00 Right?
Glad you are getting good groups with that new rifle and just think when you harvest the big 7X7 Bull
Len & Jill