Test results on 264 cal 150 & 160 gr Matrix Bullets

I got the Matrix's to a .550" on the first try. I never messed with seating depth. I think I reached the max performance with Retumbo. From 62 - 65 grains I saw little velocity difference. I'm curious what 7828 might do. I spent a tremendous amount of time getting those Berger VLDs to shoot. I bought the 140 Hybrids since I hear they're more forgiving. I'd ordered the PBs with the thinner Berger jacket rather than the thicker target one so I'd guess they'll perform a little better on game rather than the Hybrid.

I got the Matrix's to a .550" on the first try. I never messed with seating depth. I think I reached the max performance with Retumbo. From 62 - 65 grains I saw little velocity difference. I'm curious what 7828 might do. I spent a tremendous amount of time getting those Berger VLDs to shoot. I bought the 140 Hybrids since I hear they're more forgiving. I'd ordered the PBs with the thinner Berger jacket rather than the thicker target one so I'd guess they'll perform a little better on game rather than the Hybrid.

7828 will work but I doubt it will outperform retumbo. If you want top velocity, I would try RL33 in that case and maybe RL 26 which has given me very low ES......Rich

I shot both the Matrix and Berger VLD at 500 and 600 yards today. The Berger shot 5" higher at 500 yards and 6.5" higher at 600. That's roughly one MOA less drop at each distance. I also noticed the Matrix's were more affected by the 6 mph wind hitting roughly 5" further left.

Strelok called for a 21.5 mil adjustment at 500 yards. I dialed 21 and the pair hit roughly 5" low. That .5 mil is almost 2" so I'd say my shot was 3" low from where the calculator said it should be. Using the trajectory adjustment that would put the G7 BC around .262.

I'm no good at math and am new to the long range game so I'm sure I'm off here. Anyway, posting this in case someone comes searching for this in the future.

If my calculations using Strelok are correct, that puts the Matrix BC down around 262.

I shot both the Matrix and Berger VLD at 500 and 600 yards today. The Berger shot 5" higher at 500 yards and 6.5" higher at 600. That's roughly one MOA less drop at each distance. I also noticed the Matrix's were more affected by the 6 mph wind hitting roughly 5" further left.

Strelok called for a 21.5 mil adjustment at 500 yards. I dialed 21 and the pair hit roughly 5" low. That .5 mil is almost 2" so I'd say my shot was 3" low from where the calculator said it should be. Using the trajectory adjustment that would put the G7 BC around .262.

I'm no good at math and am new to the long range game so I'm sure I'm off here. Anyway, posting this in case someone comes searching for this in the future.

If my calculations using Strelok are correct, that puts the Matrix BC down around 262.

Litz tested the Matrix at .310 and that has been pretty much right on with my experience and others as well.......Rich

Litz tested the Matrix at .310 and that has been pretty much right on with my experience and others as well.......Rich

.310 is what I was using in Strelok. I'll do a little more playing around with him.

I did take a shot at an 8" plate at 600 and hit it on the first try with the Matrix's so it couldn't have been that far off the mark.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts