Test Driving The Defensive Edge LRMK 338 EDGE + P

i too have tucked in behind the Defensive Edge LRKM (May of 2012) at the NRA Whittington Center in Raton, NM.

Nothing like getting hits at 2,000+ yards with ease.

One nice rifle!

Just seen this post. Ok I have to be different you know. Even after shooting the EDGE + P and sending 300 Bergers at 3135 fps. I asked Shawn to build me something off the 338 Lapua case with his + P design. So Shawn is deciding on case taper and shoulder angle, plus we are going to blow it out to something like an AI. I trust Shawn to come up with a totally awesome chambering off the LM case just like he did with the EDGE. I am stoked!!! The new found velocity of the Plus P will send those 300 Bergers with authority and with the way the Bergers expand better than anything I have ever shot long distance, combined with their unmatched accuracy at long distances I feel very good about some long distance elk whacking.

Jeff gun)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you think you will get a little more vel. with the Lapua case + P ? I know the brass is better. I have a338 AX . When i got the rifle i got 300 brass i shot 800 rounds an i am still yousing the first 100 brass. What vel. do you think you will get ? Thanks Joe

Do you think you will get a little more vel. with the Lapua case + P ? I know the brass is better. I have a338 AX . When i got the rifle i got 300 brass i shot 800 rounds an i am still yousing the first 100 brass. What vel. do you think you will get ? Thanks Joe

Hi Joe, All indication are that it would produce a little more velocity. If nothing else from the strength of the brass. Since this will be a new chambering and case design with some of Shawn's own modifications, I really don't have a specific number in mind. Only time will tell this for sure. More so, I hope for low ES, case life and consistancy along with the good velocity. Can't wait to do the testing once it is completed.

Jeff

Hi Joe, All indication are that it would produce a little more velocity. If nothing else from the strength of the brass. Since this will be a new chambering and case design with some of Shawn's own modifications, I really don't have a specific number in mind. Only time will tell this for sure. More so, I hope for low ES, case life and consistancy along with the good velocity. Can't wait to do the testing once it is completed.

Jeff

Shawn is also working with a brass manufacturer to come up with 338 Edge brass to be as high quality as Lapua brass. That will be a great deal for all the 300 Rum brass shooters who neck to .338! Can't wait! :)

Jeff
Thanks Jeff i will be whating to see. Also i just order a Vectronix plrf 05. I hope this will be the last rangefinder i have to by. The swarovski and Leica 1600 would not work all the time. But to much money in rangrfinder. I cant do this again.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.