Terminus Apollo vs Coyote

Joel Russo

Managed to call this boy in last night on the farm. Came looking for a baby cottontail and found an 87 gr VMax from a 6 Creed...

4059AB02-A61B-439A-BD3A-C88C8FB7C9E6.jpeg

JOEL what thermal are you using? How about a review. Is that a range finder on top? Fill us in on it. Thanks. PS- what are your thoughts on the 6 creed?

JOEL what thermal are you using? How about a review. Is that a range finder on top? Fill us in on it. Thanks. PS- what are your thoughts on the 6 creed?

My dedicated "night" gun is a 6 Creed with a 16.5" Proof carbon barrel, SAS suppressor, Terminus Apollo receiver, Trijicon MK3 35 thermal with extended battery pack, and a Two Vets carbon Tripod.
I'm shooting the 87 gr Hornady V Max at 3,000 FPS. I zero the rifle at 100, and I'm good out to 250 or so. I rarely take shots past 200 yards at night. My philosophy is to let them walk rather than educate them with a miss. So far I'm happy with the 6 creed. We sometimes get shots in big coyotes around here, and I wanted to stay with the 6 as opposed to dropping down to the 22 creed.

the Trijicon MK3 is at the top of the food chain as far as thermals go. I've used a bunch and upgraded through the years, but I'm finished upgrading. This is an expensive thermal, but you get what you pay for. I spend a lot of time in the woods at night, and I refuse to use substandard gear.
I'm also using a hand held Pulsar monocular for quick detection. Been happy with that model, but have the latest one on order.
444C742D-AF65-4324-8B6E-9D243D70630C.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.