Tell Us About Your First Car

Ive never owned a "CAR" ever! Never a 2wd truck! NEVER! First was a 77 F150 .....Broncos, Ford trucks and few Toyota's....Toys best trucks I ever owned...Maybe finish my 69 bronco this year, and buy a new toy! Dont even let wife own cars hers now is 04 4 door Tundra, Mine! I just let her drive it!

i also started out with a 66 SS Chevy2. never completely fixed it up. we were a family of Chevy motorheads. 2 brothers and my dad. we also had a 57 chevy we ran at the strip. then i got into motocross. talk about sucking the money out of your wallet! motocross was worse than the car. between the bike and the little cutie that worked the concession stand at Nashville North, well let's just say we didn't save any money in those days.

First car 1953 Ford 4-door Flat head V-8. One memory is about 6-8 of us riding around one winter night, we had 4 flat tires, the sad part of the story is I actually had 4 spairs in the trunk. Those were the days. Three on the tree and overdrive.

My first car was a 71 Chevelle SS 396 / factory 402, 12 bolt posi Muncie 4sp full gauges bucket seats, cowl hood, yellow with black stripes, I was the second owner of it and it had 80000 miles on it when I got it. Uhhh I got to go now I'm starting to cry…..

My dad gave me a 34 ford 5 window coupe when I was 10. After 28 years I may finally get to drive it this year:) The first one I owned that I actually drove was a 72 VW beetle bug. Built it out of scrap parts from my dad's junkyard. It burned about as much oil as it did gas but it would haul me and my buddies from fishing hole to fishing hole.

My first was also a 1960

Mine was a light blue 1960 Ford Fairlane with 105,000 miles on it that I bought from my father just as I got married. It had stick shift on the column and a 6 cylinder engine with 101 HP.

My second car was a midnight blue 1965(?) Jaguar XK-E with 252 HP and a top end of 145 MPH.

Ford . A station wagon with a 352 ci V8 . Dont feel sorry for me though , the entire cheerleader squad rode with me to the basketball games .

My second car was a 1960 or so Sunbeam Rapier . 4 on floor
Third was a 1950 Jaguar Mk V fixed head coupe 4 on floor
4th a 1972 Comet Gt 302 V8 auto
5th was a 1962 Jaguar XKE drop head coupe ( went 140 once)
6th was a 1962 Jaguar XKE fixed head coupe ( had this one at the same time as no.5

Wish I had all of them ( yes, even the wagon ) now .

Jim B.

I lost my drivers license using that car, sold it right away.

Then a year later I bought a brand-new, primrose yellow XK-E. The newer ones had some of the first anti-pollution garbage on it. Much slower top end, but it was faster in 0-60.

My first was a 1968 Camaro with 327 4bbl and Muncie M-21 4 speed. Had a 10 bolt in from the factory but I later put a 12 bolt posi w 3:31 gears. When I rebuilt the engine punched it out .030" and added some nice 1.94 / 1.60 heads. This car would run 8:80's in the 8th on street tires and through the mufflers. This was back in the late 70's.

87 sammi

First car was a 1987 suzuki samurai, I was fourteen and wanted a fourwheeler but could not afford one. I had been reading fourwheeler magazine for some time and had read about glenn wakefields sammi in top truck. I saw one on the bus ride home with a lift and some 33's and a hideous camo paint job. Guy wanted 2000 but needed bail money for his brother I offered him 1200, he took it mom drove me to the bank I got out 1200 cash and it was mine. It was the middle of spring and slush was all over the place I drove it home with my mom following me and it was the sloppiest ride I can remember. Those big wide tires with the gumbo like spring slush, I turned that thing around 5 times on the trip home.

I still have it, it has 81,000 origional miles, I've only driven it 600 or so miles since i bought it. High school got busy and college kept me away. Its sat on blocks under a tarp for the last five years, It gets started every 6months.

Lifes slowing down a little and this spring its getting and exo cage and will be on a boad headed for kodiak this spring. I figure it will be a good grocery runner for all those little towns out west since it will fit on the deck nicely.

Sounds like some of you guys have some real zingers of first cars, mine has never made it over 65 on its own power.

My first car was a 1983 mustang. 347 stroker, built c4, 9" with 3:73 rear end. It had 418 hp at the wheels. I still have it, the previous owner tried adapting it to fuel injection and left me a hacked up wiring harness. I drive a 4 door 1992 honda civic with an engine swap everyday. Its got 190hp at the wheels and weighs about 2200lbs with me in it. low 13 second 1/4's and 35 mpg. But it is a honda...

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.