Team Hammer in Africa 2024

common blesbuck was $800 Black impala $3000, Blue wildebeast $1750 Kudu 55-60" $4800 Over 60" $7000 Sable 40+ $8500
you should ditch Limpopo area and go to the East Cape, 350 for the Bless Buk, any size Sable 4000, any size Kudu 1400 blue Wildebeest 1000 , Black Impala 2500. pm me and I will give you info on a great operation that 8 of us used last year. I even took a bull Cape Buffalo for 5000, Sable 3000, 2 Warthogs 700 for both, Kudu 1400 , Zebra 900

I lived in Tanzania 1970-73. Since I was a resident, fees for animals were really cheap. IIRC, one Cape Buffalo was included on your general license, and after that they were $25 each. I think there were two zebra included on your license, and they were $25 each after that. Even Greater Kudu were on the order of only $100 or $150 and leopard was something like $200. i think most plains game and wart hogs were $5 each after you took the number included on your general license. That was a great time, and I took a lot of animals. There was a young American who had started a taxidermy shop in Arusha, so you could drive by his shop on your way from Masaiiland back to Dar es Salaam.

I'm surprised at the prices quoted in this string, but I'm glad local governments are able to make money off this precious natural resource. They would be foolish not to -- local farmers are increasing in number and cultivating ever more land. If the game animals were not so valuable, the farmers would be killing them as pests. I just hope the farmers get the some benefit from these prices!

Where in Africa are you hunting?
I guess I should let everyone know that the hunt was won in a raffle and included everything except for trophy fees and airfare. We have 4 locations to hunt from based on game animals desired to pursue. The locations are from Limpopo to Free State. Looks like for Kudu we will want to go to Limpopo.

Prices can very greatly by animal, country, area, high fence, no fence, etc. Just do your research and pick what works best for your budget.
Just know that most hunts are only half the cost. Flights, taxidermy, shipping, importer, etc, can often double the cost of the safari. If you can enjoy only pictures of your hunt ( I have gone to this having little to no space) it can be quite reasonable. Example I took a nice lion which cannot be imported, but taking lots of pictures, I have no regrets. Great hunt at a great price!

Still I highly recommend a safari to Africa! They are a grand time!

This is a fun thread following someone else's hunt! I hope you are saving all the bullets recovered and will share them on here?

Last edited:

Recent Posts