Africa, 2022

longgunshooter

Hello all. Im heading to Africa in 2020. Species on my hit list are Kudu, Nyala and a draw animal. Im planning on taking my 30-26 Nosler with the 181 Hammer Hunters...

Question: Can anybody tell me definitively what the rules are about the head stamp on my brass vs the engraving on the barrel? My brass is 26 Nosler but the engraving says 30-26 Nosler.

That said, if they do have to match, who offers custom brass?

Thank you-

Will do, thank you.

Im booking with Motshwere in the Limpopo province... yes, im expecting as such. This will be my first time to Africa. Or, for that matter, off the North American continent. Lol

John

They won't know a 28 Nosler from a Gattling Gun. If they stall you or start counting your bullets, say to them, "Hmm, its lunchtime, did you eat yet" and go for your wallet.
A $10 will bring a smile to their face and your paperwork will magically be processed.

This is Africa

The reason i ask is when i went to Sonora for Coues last year they were VERY particular about headstamp matching.

Some countries look at headstamp. I have not had that happen in RSA, Nambia or Zambia. You should be good to go.
Next bit of advice is to practice off shooting sticks, a lot. The Limpopo is bushveld. Its unlikely you'll shoot over 150 yards so pick your bullet accordingly.
Bruce

Since they shoot so well in my gun and stay together, i was planning on using the 181 Hammer Hunters. Should i rethink that and go with something more frontal radiused for impact like the Sledgehammer's

Been to Zimbabwe 5X and I never had anyone look at my headstamps. If the do they are asking for "coffee money"

Some guys are outraged by this but I look at it as doingbusiness in Africa.I won't have my balls broken over $10 bucks but that's me

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.