TC reloading data

DeweyBrock

Hello!! I'm from Alabama and have been reloading for about 20 years, mostly pistol and a few rifle calibers. Just bought an older model TC with a .357 and .223 barrel. I was just wondering if the load data for TC could be different from the regular load data found in most loading manuals. I can't seem to find any TC specific load data!! Thanks. Also, what do ya'll use for 55 gr. bullets using H335? My barrels are 10".

Hello and welcome. The Sierra Reloading data book, Edition V (5) has a whole section in it just for TC loads as does the Lyman 49th edition, Hope this helps

What he said. :D

One thing I discovered when I started shooting the 357 mag in my Contender was that top loads that were OK in my revolvers were TOO HOT in the Contender. You will get a lot more velocity out of the closed breach 357 mag.
My favorite deer hunting load for the 357 mag in my 10" Contender is according to the Hodgdon manual a max load. 13.5 grs H110 with the 180 Hornady XTP seated to the crimp groove closest to the nose of the bullet in a Rem case with CCI Mag pistol primer. Kills deer really well and is REALLY accurate.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.