Talley lightweight vs Picatinny rail and rings?

Dude seriously check out the DNZ game reaper one piece mount.
Weighs under 4oz and is available with a 20 moa base.

That post is old. I have moved to Pic rails. The piece of mind is worth it. I have used DNZ in the past.

Almost all rail and ring manufacturers specifically do not recommend lock tight . I have many thousands of rounds fired without any thread locking compounds and mine have never come loose . Get a proper torque wrench and use it .
They dont recommend lock tight due to a lack of common sense. There are those who may put red lock tight on the screws instead of blue and then its the ring/base manufactures fault.

Seekins or Nightforce, both for rings and picatinny rail.

Theres a lot of good manufacturers, but for me both of these brands have been on magnum rifles and survived drops, airline TSA handlers, and jaunts in hard plastic cases on top of Polaris 4x4 racks traveling 40 MPH thru rocks and crappy trails. Never let me down, and I don't plan on using anything else.

I have used both on my primary hunting rifles. From a precision/shooting standpoint the Talley base/ring will produce the same result as a pic rail set-up.....but...the bottom ring section of the Talley's should be lapped in. I will choose a pic rail/rings when a particular scopes dimensions combined with the base/ring location on my receiver does not allow the proper eye relief., or, I have the need to improve elevation with a canted rail. For hunting to 1200 yards with my 6.5x284's I have not never it necessary to use a 20 MOA with 30mm scope tubes. IMO, Talley's make for a lighter/cleaner set-up with easy chamber access and sufficient strength to handle rough hunting conditions.

If you are interested in Talley's with a cant, they recommend Jeremy Laier. I had a set done by him. Nice guy, you can call him and he will have rings in stock or you can send him yours.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.