tac15 arrow problems

hunter1969

Help!!! I recently bought a tac 15, and started having arrow problems right off. The nock is being shoved up into the arrow. I read another post where someone recommended using bulldog nock collars. These also start to swell out after a few shots. I even tried glueing them in. I contacted pse tech support, but they only recommended glueing the nocks in. They seemed to be very uninformative on the problem. But they did offer to replace the bad arrows, but that is very little comfort, seeing how my arrows are rapidly failing.

Hunter -

I've not had this problem, but have read other posts where this has been an issue.

2 things to check.

1st make sure the nock is seated all the way into the arrow before shooting. Just a little space will allow the nock to start moving before the shaft and cause what you have been seeing.

2nd after loading an arrow and cocking the xbow, make sure the arrow/nock is seated all the way onto the string.

WildWillie

Please read all information in the article titled "Firenock D and TAC issues just a couple entries above this one. It will address these problems. Many TAC15 owners have experienced these problems for quite some time.

The fix is not an either / or solution. You must use both the Carbon Express Bull Dog Collars and swap your nocks to the Firenock D's. If you were to analyze the construction of the PSE Carbon Shafts used for the TAC Series Crossbows, you'd understand more about why this occurs. Carbon is far from the most uniform material for arrow production. There are many inconsistencies in both wall thickness and perfect circumference. It also doesn't help that PSE's Nock Mold is quite old and they're using a softer synthetic material.

The information supplied in the thread I'm referring to is the best info. on the subject your likely to ever get, since a few of us have spent countless hours researching and testing all of this before it was printed.

Regards,

Jon

P.S. WildWillie is completely on the money with his suggestions about insuring any nocks are completely well seated before and ater each shot.

Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.