Swiss Wild .8 meter base rangefinder

Ronin Rifles

Does anybody have any experience with this and how it compares to the Barr and Straub one? Interordinance has it for sale for $399, and I wonder if it was a good deal. Thank you

Yes, I have had experiance with them. The optics are better then the Barr and Stroud since the Wild is/was made in Switzerland.

They read in Meters and the Barr and Stroud ranges in Yards.

At $399.00 you better buy it as that is a good deal as long as it's not one that was pieced together like some that were being sold at Dusch Optics at one time. Had a friend who sent 3 of them back before asking for a refund.

Later
DC

[ 11-29-2002: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]

Thanks for the quick reply, will order it Monday. Will ask them if they guarantee it. Suppose to be in excelent shape. Can always convert meters to yards with a calculator. Have been looking for a longrange range finder for a while, that is not to expensive. Already have a cheaper laser Simmons 800 yarder, that cant quite read that far on something small.

Ronin...

I also have one.

I bought it when they first came into the country, and paid $1000 for it.

And it was a steal then for what you got.

Extreamly accurate, these are great rangefinders, and at the current price they are selling them at now, you can't go wrong.

CatShooter.

[ 11-29-2002: Message edited by: CatShooter ]

Hey DC.. I've been eyeballing these rangers for a while.. I wasn't aware of the re-furbs.?? Is there any way to tell the difference in the "good" Wild and the others.? Thanks.. JiNC

Jake

Not really because they do a pretty good job of refurbishing the "outside".

My buddy had fits with his before he sent it back 3X.

Many from that company are just fine though. I think he had one of the bad ones from the start. They normally work quite well and for many years if you take care of them.

Later
DC

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts