Swfa

wdenike

Thinking about getting a SWFA fixed 10x. For long range dialing. Anyone using them, and are ya happy with the purchase??

Take care, Willie

The 10X Super Sniper is awesome! I have 4 of the 10x and one 16x. The 10x is great for long range hunting and shooting. It is durable and repeatable. You won't regret the purchase.

Thanks, hope more with hands on experience reply. I honestly can't find any bad reviews about them. But have always been a little skeptical about the wild net. But with this particular product I believe I've pretty much made up my mind to give it a try.

Take care, Willie

I have a 16x and a 6x. Great scopes, dial accurately and good glass. I don't think you could go wrong with the 10x SS.

Thanks, hope more with hands on experience reply. I honestly can't find any bad reviews about them. But have always been a little skeptical about the wild net. But with this particular product I believe I've pretty much made up my mind to give it a try.

Take care, Willie

Like I said on my response above, what you get are real world experiences from LRH members.

I did a query for "SWFA 10X" and got 191 results to skim through.

The custom query is an excellent tool that this site provides yet hardly anybody uses them or knows it is there.

LRHcustomsearch_zpsa1485285.jpg

Cheers!

I have a SWFA SS 16x I first put on an AR. I even sprung for a La Rue mount for it. I wish I had gone with a 10x, just too much for trying to scope pigs with. A couple of things I will point out. First, mine has no markings not even the Eagle insignia's. I tried to trade it at a gun shop even with the box, papers and receipt and you would have thought I had a pound of bologney instead of a scope in the box. Two shops laughed at me so it's back in the safe. These are exceptional scopes for bench shooting and built like tanks and track like they are supposed to. Mine did have a tiny oval sticker on the bottom that read " Kenco Optics, Japan " if that tells you anything. There is a video explaining the history of these scopes and their ties with Tasco if you believe everything you see on the interweb. Another thing SWFA does not have stocking information so you better call to see if it is actually in stock. I had an order just this week for three items and called and none were in stock. The scope is good for the money regardless.

I love my SWFA scopes. I use the 12x. It has a little more magnification than the popular 10x which makes shooting at 750 - 1000 much easier and I still can shoot 100 yards or less just fine. Shot one deer at about 40 yards with it and had no problem doing it, even with the deer walking at a very slow browsing pace.

I HIGHLY reccomend SWFA scopes. They are build solid as a tank and track flawlessly. They are worth every penny. I hear the 16x has a slight amount of haze and the 20x has a slight bit more. But I've never looked through them. My guns are hunting guns which means I need to be able to shoot close well too and for me the 12x fits that perfect.

I have had a 10X for many years that has seen a lot of rounds. It has always tracked extremely well and is very repeatable. I ordered a set of shims a number of years a go to have a zero stop and it was the best couple bucks I ever spent.

I have not felt handicapped by a fixed 6 out to 700 so far. Will be shooting out to 1000 this summer with it. For prairie dogs I'd have a hard time past 350 with it, it isn't on a prairie dog rifle either.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.