swfa ss scope 3-15x42 sfp moa

At lunch I was digging around on SWFA site and found the 2nd focal plane is still on sale for $399...the 1st focal is not on sale.

Personally I'm not sure I could adjust to a 1st...never had one.

I got ahold of them too I couldn't hear the greatest because of background noise but I swear he said 2/15 not bad but 3 /15 that is a while wow kind of seems like out that far would almost be stated at purchase I don't know very seldom have I made backorder purchases except for some reloading components that sometimes are almost impossible to get otherwise

I sold one of the 3-15's sfp/moa late fall. I enjoyed the scope on my 243ai. I sold the gun and had another on my other longer range gun at the time. Rock solid turrets I didn't have any issues with the reticle and the glass was fine for the task I asked of it. Truly a great value at the standard price. When they are on sale it's a no brainer

yea it is going to drive me nuts if I have to wait 6 weeks to see the reticle I can find a ton of pics of various versions but I still cant decide from them, I am really hoping that it is visible enough for a primary hunting scope if not it will go on a heavyish 7mm-08 for target practice ect...

At lunch I was digging around on SWFA site and found the 2nd focal plane is still on sale for $399...the 1st focal is not on sale.

Personally I'm not sure I could adjust to a 1st...never had one.

Fact is, a person can get used to anything is it's what they have in their hands. If there's a real downside to a FFP, in my opinion, it's that the reticle shrinks on low power. You can still see it and it's quite adequate for a close range shot on big game but it's small and thin. The up side is, making accurate corrections for errant shots is very fast and easy. Ranging targets is much easier and more accurate. I seldom have a range finder with me unless I'm on a dedicated hunt but I always have a ranging formula in the buttstock pack. Oh, and ranging practice is fun. Things are even easier with a fixed power.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.