swfa ss scope 3-15x42 sfp moa

den

does anyone have some time with one ? how is the glass clarity possibly compared to ? , most of the reviews say that the adjustments are spot on,at half power roughly 6 1/2 mag the reticle in moa should be 2 moa sub tensions that should work pretty well too for closer in holdover like 3,4,5,6 hundred yds ,thanks

With SWFA scopes I wouldn't worry about hold over...dial that baby up!

I'm new to dialing up the shot but I have developed the confidence in doing it with my 16X fixed SWFA scope. Great scopes for the money!

I had one in mil. I wanted a SFP so the reticle was more useful at lower power. Mine was the reticle with the precision dot. I found the dot to be way to small for my eyes to acquire with any speed and would get lost on any dark object. Actually, it would also get lost on a bright white paper as well if bright sunlight was hitting it. If the dot gets lost, you have a half-mil gap between stadia which is a mighty big space without a aiming point. I suspect my astigmatism was in part to blame. I sold mine to someone with better eyes and bought the FFP mil quad reticle (my second) which is pretty darn good. Glass is good enough. I did a tall target test to verify the accuracy of the turret clicks. Can't remember what the error was but it was well under 1% which is better than I can shoot on my best day. Today I shot at 500 meters. Dialed for elevation and held for wind and it was right on. They're great scopes and tough to boot but in my opinion, stick with the mil-quad reticle, even if it means going FFP. SWFA's are probably the best value in precision scopes out there.

I have a mil quad in ffp and really like it. The eye box gets a bit hard to stay in on 14-15 power but other than that it is great. It is very repeatable and robust. The glass is good enough for everything i need it for. For the money it is a great scope.

thank you for the replies ,,, I was worried about that little dot I had hoped that maybe in the sfp it wouldn't be as small as it looks in their pictures but it sounds like it is, the moa sfp are on sale for $200 off right now on backorder I have been wanting one for a couple years now I was also looking real hard at the vx5hds but I could get two of these for near the same $$ the only reticle that I currently have that I think possibly similar is a vortex pst ffp moa and it also is kind of small too on low power but at least with it I can crank the power up till it is easily visible I am thinking possibly they should have put one of them diamonds in the center of the reticle I guess I will find out if I don't change or cancel my order ,,thanks again for the help

How you getting free shipping?

The SWFA site is trying to charge me shipping?

EDIT:
Never mind...I pulled the trigger on one any way...less than $8.00 shipping.

Last edited:
It didn't give me the option unless I missed it. I plan to call them this morning see if they will change it.

I applied the 49 code pretty sure that I received free shipping, if you called them did you happen to ask about the backorder time line I tried calling after work today but they were already closed

Same here I called them at 5:30pm and they were already closed. I was so busy at work today I didn't get a chance to call them early like I wanted too...

It also looks like the price went back up this morning...wow just got in before it ended!

Called them this morning. They took the shipping off for me!:D:D

And he said the shipment is scheduled to arrive 3/15/2018...so we have a bit of a wait...but that's fine.:confused::confused:

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.