SWFA scopes

bruinte96

Has anyone here used a SWFA Super Sniper 5-20x50 scope? What are your opinions of this scope and do you like and recommend it for long range shooting out to 1200 yards.

Hello Tom, I think the more I read about this scope the more I like it. There are some good write ups about this scope on this website. I think my next scope is going to one of these. I'm going to put it on my 300 Weatherby. If it does well then im going to move it to my Bohica 50 DTC. If it doesn't die from the Bohica then it a good scope. LOL. I'll let you know when it arrives. Until then happy shooting. Oh by the way you have had 166 views to your thread.

I have one but havent really put it threw the paces yet.Glass compares with my mark 4 and it has a wider field of view on said power,which I like.I also like the 10 mil per rev.clicks arent as solid as my mark4,maybe because 10 per.

@ sp6x6- yeah so far every page that I've gone to where people are chatting about this scope they are saying the glass is bright and is comparable to several of the high end scopes. What I haven't been able to find yet is if they will etch the turrets to my bullet data.

You could probably have a jeweler etch them for a small fee.I etched my own on my mark 4 with my foredom.

@sp6x6- How do you do that when there are already lines and numbers etched on them. Or are you saying to order them blank?

Mine are fairly tall in mil and I marked mine per rev,lower first and out to 1300 on 2+ rev. for mine.Stacked number above other as I went.I shot it in first with app.200 rnds

Can't speak for the 5-20 but I do have a fixed 12x42 one that for $300 I think is unbeatable. Clicks are very positive. Glass is super clear and very bright. I have the mil-mil version and I love the reticle. Super fine reticle lines which I like. Very very pleased with it. I'm going to try a 5-20 when I have money for it. On a budget right now.

The turret has 30 mil,the reticle 10 mil.That will get you extreme range,10 alone gets me holds to almost 1300.

I flat out love my 5-20! It rides my 338lm & has been nothing but confidence-inspiring from 90f doping sessions last summer to -30f mornings looking for canines. It's been carried through blizzards, bathed in elk & deer blood, and racked up close to 100 hiking miles in the eberlestock this fall. I don't have a single bad thing to say about it (I don't mind the weight at all- especially since it's on a 338). Where it shines best for me is the glass quality. I've managed to mil-range elk to within 17 yards at longish ranges (I figured 825, the zeiss said 842). Having great glass, FFP, and a reticle that makes ranging easier makes it by far my favorite scope. Now take me with a grain of salt- I don't own any S$B's or NF, just a few loopies, a conquest, and a few low to midrange vortexes.
Btw- on a 20moa rail, on the 388 I can dial out to well over 2k (unverified) and should have holds out close to 3k

Last edited:
It is made in Japan for swfa to their specs from what I understand. I have never owned a tasco but this scope compares to my mark 4 that when I bought it was almost double. To get mil and ffp

Definitely not tasco. The original 10x42 super sniper originated at tasco but they sold off the name many years ago and the scope was upgraded by swfa and put back to market by swfa, The ss line now includes a hole range of optics and has nothing to do with tasco.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.