Swarovski Laser Guide

ds

A while back I bought a Newcon LRB 1500 SPD from Binoculars Direct. I was unhappy with the product. The company was happy to replace it with a Swarovski 1500 Laser Guide. I understood that delivery would not be quick due to supply and it took several months for me to receive the Swarovski.

Inital impressions (after one day of testing) are that it is seriously good. Not that I shoot many trees but I got it to range trees out to 1800m and 1750+m very consistantly, this was on a dull day. The thing is small, has very good optics is tough and works. It is also easy to use press once for the aimimg circle and press again for the reading or press and hold for scan.

Other nice things are the strap wich is good quality and not just an after thought and the "holster" which works very well as a belt carry and protecting the objective lens. The built in tripod connection is nice.

In short very good. Binoculars Direct deserve a mention also, firstly they were happy to replace the original product because I did not like it and secondly because when they received the Laser Guide they phoned me to let me know it was being sent (that cost them an international call). Very good customer sevice.

Things I dont like about it, not much, I just think that if they made an 8x32 EL binocular with the same laser it would be fantastic and give the Geovids seroius competition in a small light package.

[ QUOTE ]
I just think that if they made an 8x32 EL binocular with the same laser it would be fantastic and give the Geovids seroius competition in a small light package.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, if they did, it would likely cost just as much as a Geovid. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think a set of 8x32 EL`s would be worth it.

One day we did a walking field shoot (walk around fields and shoot). This was a 16 hour day and hot. In the morning I had a set of Leica bn 10x42`s, by lunch they were in the car. One mate had a set of Swarovski 8x30 SLC`s. I quickly became a fan of small and not too heavy (except where rifles are concerned).

david

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.