Swarovski 1500 Laser Rangefinder

Ian M

Any comments on the performance of this unit?
Any comments on battery life of this unit?
Any comments re head to head performance with Leica 1200?

Ian,
I am still on the original batt from when I got mine and have used it quite a bit since we last posted about the swaro. I have had a Leica out with it and there is no comparison past 1000 yards. The Swaro will range through worse conditions and much further. My most impressive ranging with it is 1560 yards into grass dirt etc in med lighting conditions. On top of it all the optical clarity is glassing quality. I'm glad I spent every penny on it.

Are these readily available yet and if not when?
How much? I expect as they are still a monocular they should be cheaper than the still to arrive Leica bino rangefinders?

Mike,
You can use either eye I'm LH and use the left eye while my friends that have played with mine use their right eye. I bought mine in early November for $800.00. I don't know what Leica holds for the LRF/Bino but as far as class 1 LRF's go this thing is on a planet by itself.

Thanks for the review, Shawn.

I'm considering getting the new Leica Geovid so I'm looking forward to more info on both of these units.

If there's anyone out there that has the new Geovid that can hook up with Shawn for a side by side comparison, that would be sweet.

I think I saw the new Swaro LRF in Cabella's, maybe.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.