Leup RX-IV, Leica Geovid, Swaro Laser Guide

lerch

<strong>SPONSOR</strong>
I finally got a chance to play with all three of these today at the same time. This is not a true evaluation of any of these products since I only had a minute to play with them.

I was impressed by the geovids immediatly, the glass seemed to be as good the glass in the swaro so they were very clear and bright. I still like the aiming reticle in the Leica the best since it is very bright and small. The geovid seemed to be limited to about the same range as the 1200 series so they would work well for the average to intermidiate range hunter's.

As far as I am concerned Leupold should just stop trying to make rangefinders. I was really looking forward to the RX-4 but as soon as I looked through the viewfinder I was immediatly dissapointed. I found the image to be really dark and somewhat yellow looking. I cycled through the options in the viewfinder and found them to be somewhat confusing and way over populated. It is nice to have that a lot of options in a rangefinder but I think Leup has found the overkill mark. After I settled on what appeared to be a function that would allow me to range I went out side and gave her a try. The farthest range I could get was 675yds in very bright sunlight and BJ only got it to go to 625yds. Now this was not at all a true test of what this rangefinder will do it was only a 15min run through of some of its features. Soon I will kidnap one from the store and take it out for a serious round of test. So far I am not impressed though.

And as usual the swaro was the resident bad @$$!!! Though the aiming reticle could be redisigned it is still the best rangefinder on the market by a long shot. A quick look through it showed a clear image and quickly brought up a range of 1384yds on a distant truck window.

I will get back to you when I run some more test on the Leup.

take it easy
steve

[ QUOTE ]
As far as I am concerned Leupold should just stop trying to make rangefinders. I was really looking forward to the RX-4 but as soon as I looked through the viewfinder I was immediatly dissapointed. I found the image to be really dark and somewhat yellow looking. I cycled through the options in the viewfinder and found them to be somewhat confusing and way over populated. It is nice to have that a lot of options in a rangefinder but I think Leup has found the overkill mark. After I settled on what appeared to be a function that would allow me to range I went out side and gave her a try. The farthest range I could get was 675yds in very bright sunlight and BJ only got it to go to 625yds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to say this cause we sell them. I'm not sure I could sleep @ night if I sold someone one of these over a Leica or even a Nikon or Bushnell!!! The thing is a ***.

wow glad i just read this was thinking bout getting one. I had a bushnell compact 600 but sold it and still have my scout for bowhunting..looking for a model for longrange mulie and antelope hunting..what do you guys recommned..thnx

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Swarovski............... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I love the new compac Leica. The large square model was nice but big. Now they got it going on with the small one. Swar is fine as well. Ziess would really fire me up but they are out of this game until they can win.

heres another vote for the new leica compact.

had it out over the weekend. was getting consistent readings on some feeding mulies @ 703,694,717 yds.

one was a dandy buck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.