Swarovski el 10x42 or vortex razors 10x42

DSMITH1651

OK my eyes can't tel the differences at the store, is the swarovski woorth the extra 800.00 bucks.
Duane

Yes! I have Swarovski 15X56 SLC, 10X42 SLC, and 12X50EL. The only Vortex that can run with them are the Kaibob's which I have in 20X56 and are a great value for the $$$.

ive never looked through the razors but in my opinion, just buy the best and never buy another pair of binoculars again.

I have the Razor 12x50's and they are really nice. I have several friends with Swaro EL either 10x50 or 12x50's. During daylight hours there is no discernible difference between my Razors and the EL's, at least not to my eye.

Where Swaro does start "to shine" (pun intended) is in the very earliest and very last light. They simply gather a little more light when you may need it during hunting's first and last light. I love my Razors, but I'm often lurking around here and elsewhere when I've got a few extra bucks in my pocket to replace them with EL's.

If you want to squeeze out that last 5-10 minutes of glassing, you may want to spend the extra dough. My .02.

When I compared the Vortex with the Swaro in a Cabelas, I use a bolt on one of the beams on the far side of the store. To my eyes, there was no comparison. I ended up with the Swaro EL 8x32. I had the same experience when looking through another guy's Swaro and Vortex binos before buying mine.

It depends on how you use your binos. If you use them to glass for 05-10 minutes, to check a cyn or a deer looking stump the razors will be just fine. You will never see the difference. But if you spend hours a day behind your binos its swaros all the way. You will notice the difference. Also swaros in 10 years will be worth close to what you payed for them today. i dont think vortex will hold their value.

Would you guys say that the Swarovski SLC HD's are a better binoc than the Vortex Razors by a sizeable margin as well? I have the SLC's currently but am in need of a spotting scope pretty bad too so was thinking about selling my SLC HD's, getting a pair of Razor binocs and a Razor Spotting scope as well. I have a freind that would trade me is Razors plus some cash for my SLC's.

Yes SLCs are better but not by a huge margin. There is a reason your friend would make that deal. Comes down to how you are going To use them. Razors are a great buy but they arnt swaros

OK I bought a set of 10x42 EL Range this Summer. Didn't really use them a lot till elk season. I have always used Leupold glass up to this point. There is absolutely no comparison. $800 is change when you figure all of the years quality glass will be used. I know if I could have afforded the Swaroskis years ago I would have been money ahead. So what if my daughter has to figure out how to pay for that quarter of college.
Buy the best, its an investment in your future.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.