Swarovski 10x42 EL Range Binocular

Hunter66654

I bought a Swarovski 10x42 EL Range Binocular and sent it to a friend in Idaho to try out. He and some of his friends were at a bow competition last week end and were also trying out and comparing various rangefinders that members of the group had. My pair of Swarovski EL Range Binoculars only reached 1026 yds once and all other attempts were less than 1000yds while another pair was consistently ranging above 1800 yds. They changed the battery in mine but this did not help. They also had Bushnell Fusion Binocular Rangefinder ranging better than 1800 yds as well as Zeiss.

Is there anything else to try before sending them back to Swarovski?

If you search below there is a thread on this topic.

You might want to call Swaro. I have spoken to them on the telephone several times, very easy people to talk to, I can't imagine them not helping you out.

Update: Swarovski is sending my El Range Binocular back to Austria for repair. Estimated 2 months to get it back. Hopefully it will reach longer ranges when i get it back.

My 10x42 el range binos are much better regarding both optical quality and rangefinder capability than my previous zeiss rf or any of my many pairs of geovids, absolutely no question. If your not consistently getting 1000+ yards on game and 1600+ on reflective targets something isn't right... Did you use the mode button to switch the rangefinder to yards from meters? That could be nearly a 10% difference alone.

Well I got my Swarovski 10x42 EL Range binoculars back from Austria quicker than expected. I am not sure exactly what they did to them. The lady in the states where I had sent them for repair said the only thing on the ticket that came back was "realigned and cleaned". What even they did they range much farther. They furthest thing I can see where I am is a house on a slight hill which the ELs ranged quickly at 1469 yards versus not being able to get over 1000 yds before sending them back to Austria. I will try to find something further this weekend to get an idea of maximum ranging capability.

Got my Swarovski 10x42 EL Range Binoculars back from Austria quicker than expected. I don't know what they actually did to them. The lady in the states said that the ticket that came with them said (realigned and cleaned). The furthest thing to range where I am is a house on a slight hill which the ELs ranged quickly at 1469 yards. I will try to find something further this weekend to get an idea of the maximum ranging capability

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.