Suppressor Suggestions?

BJH

I am looking to get a suppressor for my hunting rifles. I currently shoot a 7MM STW Improved and a 7MM-300 Win Mag. I do not currently own any suppressors. I know this is very subject to opinion and what guys have had success with personally. That is why I am asking the question here. I have been looking at the Gemtech Dagger and the Thunderbeast Ultra. These are the 2 that I am liking the looks of now due to construction and ratings. Just curious as to what you guys are using and liking. I read a lot of good things about both Companies and would like to hear what you guys think. Any others that I should be considering? Price is not my concern, performance and durability will be my deciding factors.

I run the sig sauer SRD762QD in Steel (not titanium). The Ti is longer than the steel. steel weighs 1.2 oz more but i would rather have the shorter suppressor.

I have adapters on all rifles from 25-06 to 7 mag and switch it from rifle to rifle. Return to zero is perfect. short and long range. recoil reduction is awesome and sound is a releief from shooting brakes.
SnT

I've had two TBAC cans for awhile, .30 and .338. I use the .338 Ultra on my 300 Norma Mag, works very well and accurate. What I noticed was the suppressor levels out the velocity curve on anything you put them on which is a added bonus.

A direct thread is ideal but you would have to re zero every time you take it off. threads are not always going to sit the same and thus can change your POI. Would love to have one for each rifle.

SnT

I run a SiCO Omega on all my bolt guns currently. I use the asr muzzle brake and qd each gun with no ill effects between sessions. I have a slight 1moa vertical shift between can and no, but have no dicernable shift when the can is removed and reinstalled. this is repeatable on 6 different rifles. The Omega is an excellent can, short, light and one of the best in terms of suppression. I use it from 223 up to my 300WM and it's great.

A direct thread is ideal but you would have to re zero every time you take it off. threads are not always going to sit the same and thus can change your POI. Would love to have one for each rifle.

SnT
Agreed, but when you have as many guns as I do, it would cost me around $2,000-3,000 in JUST muzzle brake/adapters. Plus, the cost of having all of my rifles that aren't threaded, to get threaded... So, then you start getting into some serious money. Back when I built most of mine, the HPA didn't even exist, so we didn't have a dream of being able to one day buy cans without the hassle. Now that it's close to reality, it sucks I didn't go ahead and have the barrels threaded while they were being built.

I use a couple of tbac ultra 30's that are direct thread and my poi doesn't change. If your shoulder is cut straight and threads properly cut it should lock down the same each time. I just locktighted the brake in the can which is what I believe tbac does when you order a direct thread suppressor. I do not use muzzle brakes so no need to have an adapter for each rifle.

I purchased (or, began the long purchase process) of a Thunder Beast 338 Ultra about 4 hours ago. I'm going to use the Area 419 Hellfire Brakes and buy their Thunder Beast adapter. Gives me some different mounting options. This is my first suppressor but I'm already planning my next. I'll do something smaller, like the ultra 5 or Ultra 7. I can buy the same type of adapter for the Ultra 5,7, or 9, to use the same brake setup.

For now, the plan is the 338 Ultra is used on everything, from a 6.5 Creedmoor, to a 300 Norma. I don't actually own anything in 338 but I wanted to keep my options open.

I use a TB Ultra 7 (30 cal) on rifles ranging from 5.56mm to 300 Win Mag. It's very light weight, has great db reduction, poi shift is minimal and very repeatable. It's a very compact can with great performance and company support. Mine is brake mount. I've never used a direct mount so can't comment on that.

Thunderbeast by a mile.
Great company, Great suppressors
I have a 9" 6.5 ultra and. 7" 30
I use the cb brake . zero with can remains perfect when removed and remounted.
Lightweight,extremely good suppression,
Fit and finish is unmatched.

For me, this would be a VERY easy decision, TBAC .30 cal Ultra 7.

All my rifle cans are direct thread TBAC or SAS. Both companies make top of the line suppressors, but if I had to only pick one, it would definitely be the TBAC Ultra 7.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.