• I’d like to have the option available

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • I support the idea

Votes: 30 66.7%
  • I’d buy one if available

Votes: 27 60.0%

• Total voters

HuntnPack

Please show your support of the SAUM Family of Cartridges Only, by voting & providing positive encouragement here in this thread on the desire to see rifle manufacturers offer
Their Rifles chambered in 6.5, 7, & 300 SAUM with updated twist rate barrels.

You can vote for more than one choice.

I believe the SAUM chambered rifles in updated twist rate versions & available with improved rifle components such as modified action lengths & bottom metals that accept longer cartridge capabilities, or built on long actions running modern bullets, powders, etc; would be an attractive choice in various disciplines in today's market place.

Please e-mail a request to Rifle Manufacturers & Custom Rifle Builders to offer SAUM Rifles via their website contact page.

I started a couple other threads you may reference in regards to this topic.

I will be e-mailing manufacturers a link to this thread as well.

Thanks again for your continued support.
HP.

Last edited:
I'd be in for a 6.5 saum factory over a prc, or a 257 saum if someone standardized it.

Only factory 300saum I owned got a little metal work done and is now a 300 wsm..... so I'm probably out on getting hot and bothered by the originals.

It will never happen. 6.5 saum is still somewhat of a wildcat and 6.5 PRC stole whatever momentum it had going. I prefer the saum but at this point a winner has been decided.

The 300 has been dead for quite awhile and pretty much anybody wanting a short/medium 30 cal magnum is going to go with the WSM now that ADG is making brass and Norma is also available.

The 7 had a 10 twist I believe, so I really doubt a major manufacture is going to get on board with producing ammo that only works in faster twist barrels and deal with the headache of people constantly complaining that their rifle wouldn't shoot said ammo not to mention there are a bunch of model 7's out there in 7 saum that the magazines are way to short for any of todays heavy 7mm options.

Has there been a full factory xm? Would think a semi custom type 700 clone outfit could get some action with fast twist saum, wsm, and even a 6.5x284 in a factory xm action.

I've never fired one of those chamberings. I guess I'm scratching my head where they fit in to the grand scheme of things relative to other newly released popular cartridges. Not hating here, just trying to understand what's the benefit? Sell me on these cartridges.

I'm a huge 7 saum fan but few will chamber and even fewer will buy if you can barely find components, let alone factory ammo. I see saums staying a custom only thing unless hornady puts a new spin on it and throws their marketing weight behind it

I did my part I have a model 700 sendero and a model 7 chambered in 7saum. I bought brass as I bought the rifles, I have the components I need to shoot both.

You need to add "don't care, wouldn't buy it," as an option. The 7PRC killed any hopes of reviving the 7SAUM. The 7PRC has better factory ammo available, better components available, has rifles already set up to shoot heavy bullets. It basically beats the SAUM in every measurable way except it can't fit in a short action, but the SAUM can't really do that either.

You need to add "don't care, wouldn't buy it," as an option. The 7PRC killed any hopes of reviving the 7SAUM. The 7PRC has better factory ammo available, better components available, has rifles already set up to shoot heavy bullets. It basically beats the SAUM in every measurable way except it can't fit in a short action, but the SAUM can't really do that either.
In the first paragraph of the first post I ask for positive comments to support the SAUM's only.
I would like to forward a link to this thread to Manufacturers for their consideration.
If you would like me to support your efforts in your cause you can start a thread.

Kindly delete your Non-Supportive post of the Hunting & Shooting Community.

Thank You,
HP.

Please show your support of the SAUM Family of Cartridges Only, by voting & providing positive encouragement here in this thread on the desire to see rifle manufacturers offer
Their Rifles chambered in 6.5, 7, & 300 SAUM with updated twist rate barrels.

You can vote for more than one choice.

I believe the SAUM chambered rifles in updated twist rate versions & available with improved rifle components such as modified action lengths & bottom metals that accept longer cartridge capabilities, or built on long actions running modern bullets, powders, etc; would be an attractive choice in various disciplines in today's market place.

Please e-mail a request to Rifle Manufacturers & Custom Rifle Builders to offer SAUM Rifles via their website contact page.

I started a couple other threads you may reference in regards to this topic.

I will be e-mailing manufacturers a link to this thread as well.

Thanks again for your continued support.
HP.
I have a 7mm RSAUM. It's a custom build.

While I believe the 7mm RSAUM is perhaps one of the best cartridges out there, I also don't think it will ever be mainstream due in part to it's own SAAMI specifications and it's own design flaws/limitations in SAAMI form. If it had been designed with more modern criteria it would be better but would also have limitations due to OAL in short actions.

The fact that it has already been SAAMI'd and never really caught on further supports my position.

I'm a big fan of the SAUM cartridge and even its big brother the RUM, as I have both. However, all mine have been "fixed" properly with better chamber designs.