Super Sniper Scope....as good as they advertise

RamsesII,

I have one on my 338 Kahn which is my personal 2000 yard rifle and have been very impressed with the scope. I ordered it to have a solid hands on review of these scopes for my customers and I have been impessed.

Glass is not as clear the Nightforce NXS but is plenty for 99% of all shooting that couls be done with this scope.

The Paralax on mine was not calibrated correctly but I just set it by looking through the scope anyway, not by looking at the index mark and the numbers they line up with. Most scopes are like this if ever tested to some degree. I will say this is more then most but again, makes no difference when adjusted visually.

The best thing is that with a -10 moa insert in the front ring and a +10 in the back of the Burris Signature rings, this scope will take the Kahn with its 300 gr ULD bullet at 3100 fps to around 2200 yards without a problem. This is a bit more vertical adjustment then even the 5.5-22 Nightforce NXS and no Leuy on the planet compares at all.

For the money, awsome scope. Don't get the side focus, I have never seen or heard of one breaking but I have noticed that the class is a little better in the standard models, $100 cheaper as well.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Johnathan, this last post was a great post, you gave facts and time frames and reasoning and why certain actions were taken. (no innuendoes or assumptions) Had this been your first post I would have never questioned anything.

Sometimes its just a matter of the words we choose and I am glad we were both able to clarify. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif This last one was really a Nice post, and yes you should share "all" your experiences, as we all have a lot to learn from each other and we can only do that by sharing.

As I said its all in the words we choose and I too have some learning to do in this area. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Thanks,
Ben

I hesitantly purchased one several years ago at the advice of a friend. I love it. I have tested the hell out of it, and it always repeats and performed flawlessly. I have since ordered a second one. This second scope is from the first batch that SWFA had built after the bought the rights, and it isn't quite as nice as the first one. The optics are just as clear, and the scope always repeats, but the micrometer marks do not match the clicks exactly and the ratchet mechanism that provides the clicks and knob retention isn't as crisp and firm. I built a cover for the elevation knob because it would rub on my pack and readjust as I was walking. I still think they are great scopes for the money. I would stay away from the side focus from what I have read. I don't find the reach up to the rear focus ring any more difficult than a reach up to a side focus.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts