Super Sniper scope quality

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by 500grains, Jan 11, 2009.

1. 500grains

500grains Guest

I saw that Super Sniper has been selling sniper scopes to the US military. Does anyone have an opinion of whether they are up to the quality level of a Leup MkIV?

They are only about 500 bucks.

2. Tyler Kemp

Tyler Kemp SPONSOR

The glass isn't near as good as a Mark 4 and they aren't a variable, and they don't have as many options. But they track good for lots of people, I just got one and hope it works good. 120 MOA of adjustment is something most low priced scopes don't have!

3. davewilson

davewilson Well-Known Member

the rear focus scopes are only about 300! they have kits for different options that go for 500.

4. olsingleshot

olsingleshot Well-Known Member

Being a high magnification scope, I wonder how the light gathering capability is at dusk and dawn? Anyone with hunting experience with this scope?

5. Eaglet

Eaglet Well-Known Member

The 10x is all you need for up to 1000 yards for hunting, from what knowledgeable people have said, light transmission is good, better than the 15x and 20x. I has been said you don't want anything higher than 15x. You don't have to worry about the repeatability of the turrets.

6. Tyler Kemp

Tyler Kemp SPONSOR

I've been looking through my 20x SS I got a couple days ago. It's really not that bad as far as light gathering, near dusk I could easily make a shot on something, although it isn't near as bright as my Bushnell 6-24x50 on lower powers at the same time. At 20x the brightness difference is not too pronounced between the scopes.