Styer Mannlicher pro hunter

cont520

Thinking of doing some trading with a browning a bolt I have for this rifle. Just wanting opinions from those knowledgeable with these rifles. Thank you

I had one of the early Pro Hunter models with double set triggers in 30-06. The stock was kind of flimsy but the rifle shot very well.

I have an SBS Pro Hunter Mountain Stainless 6.5x55. Not a long range rifle really in 6.5x55 with a 20 inch barrel, but extremely accurate. I like the stock, all be it plastic. It fits well and feels good. The gun is light weight and well balanced. I recommend it. At the time I could have gotten anything I wanted, and this was my choice over a Tikka T3 and a Sako. I liked the Tikka but it was longer than I wanted, and the Sako just seemed bulky and was longer as well. This one was more sleek, narrow and like I said, just felt good. It consistently shoots 3/4 inch groups at 200 yards and thats pretty good for a light weight rifle with a short barrel. And it just plain has sexy lines.

Thanks ya'll for your responses. I am doing the trade cant wait to shoot this rifle

Liltank,

Make sure that it is a model 2 and not a model 1. The tuppewrware stock of the first really was horrible. You couldn't mount a bipod on the forestock due to it flexing and touching the barrel. This is the only fault to the rifle.

I have owned an A-bolt and continue to own a Pro-hunter. The Pro hunter is a far superior rifle. I've put almost 1500 rounds through it and it remains very accurate.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts