Styer Mannlicher pro hunter

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by cont520, Dec 8, 2011.

1. cont520

cont520 Active Member

Thinking of doing some trading with a browning a bolt I have for this rifle. Just wanting opinions from those knowledgeable with these rifles. Thank you

2. liltank

liltank Well-Known Member

Well... anything German is usually better than American made. Styer is a very good firearm.

Tank

3. Ankeny

Ankeny Well-Known Member

I had one of the early Pro Hunter models with double set triggers in 30-06. The stock was kind of flimsy but the rifle shot very well.

4. cfvickers

cfvickers Well-Known Member

I have an SBS Pro Hunter Mountain Stainless 6.5x55. Not a long range rifle really in 6.5x55 with a 20 inch barrel, but extremely accurate. I like the stock, all be it plastic. It fits well and feels good. The gun is light weight and well balanced. I recommend it. At the time I could have gotten anything I wanted, and this was my choice over a Tikka T3 and a Sako. I liked the Tikka but it was longer than I wanted, and the Sako just seemed bulky and was longer as well. This one was more sleek, narrow and like I said, just felt good. It consistently shoots 3/4 inch groups at 200 yards and thats pretty good for a light weight rifle with a short barrel. And it just plain has sexy lines.

5. cont520

cont520 Active Member

Thanks ya'll for your responses. I am doing the trade cant wait to shoot this rifle

6. scotsgun

scotsgun Well-Known Member

Liltank,

Make sure that it is a model 2 and not a model 1. The tuppewrware stock of the first really was horrible. You couldn't mount a bipod on the forestock due to it flexing and touching the barrel. This is the only fault to the rifle.

I have owned an A-bolt and continue to own a Pro-hunter. The Pro hunter is a far superior rifle. I've put almost 1500 rounds through it and it remains very accurate.