TC Pro Hunter ?

dancoman

Starting to get restless and feel the need to purchase. LOL

What I've been lookn at is the new TC pro-hunter. Right now the only cal. I'm lookin at is the 25-06 and 22-250. I don't know the twist on either but would like to shoot the 110 accubond in the 25-06 and a 45-55 grainer in the 22-250.
Are these 28'' barrels matched well for these bullets. Looking for any advice from the ones that have these, or have any knowedge about them. I know that the25-06 is a great performer with the longer tube. Are the encore/pro hunters easy to work up loads for or are they finicky. Any other info would be great.

Thanks,DM

PS- have been around others that have shot the encores in bigger cal. and they seem to get the halfmoon effect. That's why I am going to start out with the 25-06 and 22-250. Any more info on recoil.

PSS- have a pair of senderos(7mmrum and 300rum) for the heavy liftin.

In general the Encores are a little differant to shoot accuratly than a bolt gun and like all factory guns they can be tuned to shoot better.
both Encore barrels I've owned in 22-250 (15"and26") had a 1-12 twist rate and they both shot 55gr V-max bullets the best , I'm guessing that the prohunter would have the same twist or maybe even faster like 1-10. (I would think)
I have owned 1 25-06 encore barrel (26"HB) and delt with 4 others and they all had a 1-10 twist and shot 100-115gr Nosler Balistic tips very well , I'm guessing that they would keep the same twist rate and that would suit the 110 accubond great.

As for the Encores kickingn harder than other guns their are two reasons
1) they are generaly lighter
2) the stock is strait , no cast off and has zero pitch so the gun recoils strait back giving a slightly higher precieved recoil.
the R3 recoil pad a is a good one and will help alot in taming the kick but if you were to buy an after market stock from say Bull Berry then you can have is made with a little pitch and cast off witch will help with the recoil.

In short the 25-06 sould give you some great velocities with the 28" tube.
I have a friend that plans to buy the 25-06 and shoot a set of the Tubbs final finish fire lapping kits through it then rechamber it to 257Wby with no freebore. .

Yes, I have considered buying a 7mm-08 Pro Hunter Barrel &
Having it re-chambered to 280AI, it should offer easily 7mag velocities with bullets up to 160Gr. I would think, 140 for sure.

I have an 7mm-08 Pro Hunter it shoots great, .

T C Made the new Pro Hunter Barrels to shoot an Smaller Group .
T C made the Pro Hunter Barrels 27 in at first an then they found out that an 28 in Barrel would shoot Better Group.

Google T C Pro Hunter an read some stores on the Test of the New T C Pro Hunter.

Redbone

At a local gun shop I found the pro hunter frame kit for 350.00 and 258.00 for barrels. That would be 608.00 for fisrt complete rifle. Is this good/bad price. So far it's the best I have come up with. Saw some a couple $ cheaper. but add shipping and it's no better.
Thanks, DM

[ QUOTE ]
I fail to see how a longer barrel would shoot a better group???

[/ QUOTE ]

It won't. The only thing it adds is velocity.

it took my encore and had a recoil reducer mounted in the butt and deaccelerator pad put on. I was shooting the 12 ga slug barrel at times and that is just not fun without doing that. Especially with the new 1900 fps slug loads.

They will "rock your world"!

sure makes the other calibers much nicer also.

BH

Bounty,
The new FlexTex stock is amazing. I shoot 3-pellet loads in the muzzleloader configuration and they do not appear to kick as much as 2-pellet loads. I am getting a ProHunter shortly in .416 Rigby, that will be an interesting comparison since I also have the original barrel and stock in that caliber.

I just ordered a .204 ruger barrell for my encore. It was $30 more for the 28" fluted stainless barrell than for the regular 26" stainless bull barrell. I opted for the 28" fluted. Seriously the best place, and the best service I have ever had for any of my Encore stuff is at E. Arthur Brown The customer service is awesome, and Janell there is the nicest person to talk to. I have ordered stocks, bases, rings, barrells, etc. and they have come through every time. If you have any questions- call them. They are more than happy to answer them for you. Just for fun, here is a picture of my encore- I ordered the matching thumbhole buttstock though along with the barrell this week so it will look a little different by this weekend. This is a picture with my .300 barrell topped with a weaver v-24 scope. Love this gun, but can't wait to shoot the .204! [image]http://www.imagestation.com/3702007/4233569708[/image]

Sighted in the .204 T/C Pro Hunter barrell this weekend with factory Hornady 40g. Shoots very well. Will likely be a backup coyote gun, but depending on how the year goes, I may use it as a primary. I kind of bought it to borrow to friends that I am trying to get into varmint hunting. I currently own 3- .223 1- .204, and 2- .22-.250. Usually I just bring friends, and neighborhood kids out hunting and let them use my guns. That get's them into it, then they save up and buy their own. Bottom line though- the .204 T/C Pro Hunter barrel shoots great. Looks good on the rifle too!! I will post pics. eventually.

Check these guys out.http://www.matchgrademachine.com.I just got a 338 RUM in a 27 3/4 barrel with flutes and a Holland Brake for my Encore. Shooting 210 Scirocco at 3175 average fps/ They use a Shilen Blank. It has a 2lb trigger with a Leupold 4.5-14 LR 50 mm scope and a Warn Base with TPS Rings and total weight is 8 lbs in the field. My 11 year old son has shot groups with it and wants to snipe a deer with it. Pictures AAAAAHHHHHAAAAAAAA
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2097784587

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.