Stupid questions.

4ked Horn

Yes yes yes. I know, "there is no such thing as a stupid question".

Well when I worked behind the gun counter (see my signature line below) I was asked one question by several customers that I always considered stupid. It is along the lines of the Jeff foxworthy bit "heres your sign" like when someone sees you changing a flat tire and they ask you if your tire went flat.

Any way I was asked on a few occasions "How far can you see with these here binoculars?"

I always had to laugh because with the naked eye you can see stars that are millions of lightyears away. I know the customer was trying to ascertain the relative magnification but I would have to put it in the stupid question category.

Does anyone else know of questions like this that relate to the shooting sports?

(Or is that a stupid question?)

[ 03-20-2004: Message edited by: 4ked Horn ]

Yea I used to work in an archery pro shop. We always got the typical stupid question or statement it goes with the territory. LOL!

I had a guy tell me he hit a deer right behind the shoulder perfectly broadside with a brand new sharp razor head. He tracked it for a mile and a half before the bloodtrail petered out. Never did find that big buck!

Yea and I've got some ocean front property in Arizona for sale! LOL

I do some re-enacting of the 18th century. You know dress in colonial garb and carry a flintlock and scalpin knife.

Invariably we will always have a good laugh at the end of the day discussing the funniest questions we got asked. sometimes it was the students and sometimes it was the teacher that asked the stupidist question.

Some winners were "Is that real meat" when we were cooking a deer ham over the open fire. LOL And then they'll say "Are you going to eat it"! Snarlin' their noses up at it!LOL!
Ya have to laugh at the funny stuff but it's best not to laugh till they gone!

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.