I'll look stupid here....

DONTSTROKEME

I\'ll look stupid here....

Well I just got my hot little hands on a Rem 700 BDL in 300 win Mag, good wood, nice bluing and an old Redfield 4x scope on it. I paid $425 + tax, is that average? Second I can't get the bolt out, so instead of looking stupid face to face I thought I would ask you all. How do I remove the bolt?

Joe Oakes

Re: I\'ll look stupid here....

push the little button right in front of the trigger while pulling the bolt out, that should be the ticket.

remove the barreled action from the stock, if it was bedded, the material may be blocking the lever going to the bolt release..(in laymens terms)

Sometimes the button will stick in the down position so you just need to pry it back up and all will be well.

their are no stupid questions

Its always better to ask than to screw somthing up!!

I'm a new "old" guy who will never stop learning. How do I find out which Remington Model 700, 7mm-08, I have? Purchased more than 20 years ago along with a Sako Finnbear 7mm Rem Mag. Don't know if it is a CDL, an ADL or what does the term long or short mean with reference to scope mounts etc.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Military-Jager,

If its a factory rifle, you have a Rem 700 Short Action. There are two action lengths from Remingtion in their 700 line of rifles, short and long action. The short actions are for everything in the 308 class length and under and the Long actions are the same for everything from the 30-06 up to the RUM chamberings length wise anyway.

If your rifle is 20 yards old it is not a CDL. The CDL is a new design just released in the last few years. Receiver wise, its the same as the old designs, just differnet finish and different stock design.

You either have an ADL or a BDL. The ADL will have a solid bottom stock with no floorplate under the receiver, just a trigger guard.

The BDL will have the hinged floorplate under the receiver so you can open the floorplate and drop the rounds in the magazine from the bottom.

All Rem 700 Short actions, no matter weither they are an ADL, BDL or CDL will use the same Rem 700 short action scope bases. If you want a one piece base you will need the specific short action base. IF you want a two piece base system they are the same for long and shot actions.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.