Stupid Question # 238474937

Not a stupid question.

Norma standardized the cartridge without anyone ever chambering it as a standard rifle cartridge. At present it is being chambered by Shawn Carlock ( sp ), maybe by Jerry Teo, by Fiftydriver, by Chris Matthews, and several other smiths on this board. Oh yeah, Remington will build a rifle in any caliber in their custom line. So for about 150 per cent of the price a smith on this board will charge, you can get a Remington in about 18 months. Not a stupid question.
call any smith to get one, you will love it.
Joe

Varmicide,

Not that I am aware of except teh custom shop options like Joe mentioned. To be honest, I would highly recommend having one built. For the same price or less then Rem would build you one, you could get one custom built that would print in the .2" at 100 yards.

The last several 6mm-284s I have built were all sub 1/4 moa rifles at 100 yards with velocity in the 4400 fps range with the 55 gr bullets, +4000 fps with the 70 gr pills and +3500 fps with the 105 gr VLDs.

Spend your money wisely and get a custom rifle built in this caliber. Despite what has been said about it lately, its still the current 6mm king when you combine quality componants and performance and accuracy.

Shawn, Chris or myself could build you a rifle that would really impress you and the vermin if you know what I mean!!! Any top smith can do this for you and get you better results then a custom shop Rem 700.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.