Stuck! Now what?

Pick this up at pawn shop for a song,
any advice on what action to take getting it out?
View attachment 195289
Thanks
Saw something similar happen on a friend's Rem700 VSF that experienced a pressure related case head separation (he was fortunate enough that the rest of the case came out with the bolt). Case head expanded enough to get stuck under the extractor cut and form an interference fit in the bolt nose.

He took it to a smith which would be my recommendation here as it'd probably be wise to have the whole rifle checked for any other issues (especially if this was due to a serious over pressure like my friend's was).

No free lunches.

Any good NDT shop should be able to perform X-ray also. That may see some internal defect that mag particle or liquid penetrant might miss. Ultrasonic testing is another option for sub-surface defects. The testing may cost you more than a new action though.

Send it to a shop that does SAKO/M16 extractor changes. They should have the correct end mill to clean that up. Also have them install a new extractor and check the bolt lugs and handle. They could also convert it to a magnum or PRC size if that's you want.

Ya know, sometimes it just pays to walk away from that "deal of the day".

At one of our monthly LR matches, a good friend's wife had her gun blow up on her.....Hubby had done the reloads and wonders if he perhaps used the wrong powder.....won't be having multiple jugs on the reloading bench again!

She's okay (got some shrapnel cuts on the face/hands but nothing life threatening).

He THOUGHT about taking the action to a NDT shop then reconsidered. IF you find someone who does that sort of work (and are they gonna certify the results), do you trust him to know what he's doing w/ something that contains upwards of 60K-80K psi just inches from your face?

What if, just what if, the action were to blow up again under normal pressures due to any existing & unseen damage from the first blowup?
If his wife were to be injured again, he'd never forgive himself.
Tossed the gun, bought a new one.
Peace of mind is a very valuable commodity.

A thought........

Awesome advise guys!
Thanks to everyone of you,
I'll be soaking it and then see if I can't get popped out. I'd love to walk into a engine shop with it, to watch there faces!! Haha

Get some cerrosafe from Brownells or Midway, do a chamber cast and measure the casting as described in the instructions. If the the chamber has a "belly" in it. Time to re-barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.