Strategic Edge Gun Range - Tennessee?

I went and knocked out my long range certification with my son a month ago. Tony seems to run a clean shop over there, nicest range I have ever been too.

I recently relocated from Idaho to Tennessee for work. I just paid my dues and got signed up a couple months ago. Anybody else shooting at Strategic Edge out there in Chapel Hill?

That's awesome man! Welcome to the south. Get use to thick woods and box blind hunting down here. Way different than Idaho.

Yes, I shoot there. Get certified for LR so you can go to 600+.

Good range but ---- it gets hot here in the summer. Sometimes have to do early morning to try to get reasonable weather for load development.

In Georgia my issue is mirage if you're out past 10 or 11 you can't see the bullseye at any distance.

That's awesome man! Welcome to the south. Get use to thick woods and box blind hunting down here. Way different than Idaho.

Yeah, it is going to be different for sure...my son and I have lifetime idaho hunting license and the folks are still there, hope we can make it back every year for the elk hunt :). The humidity out here sucks @$!.

Yeah, it is going to be different for sure... The humidity out here sucks @$!.

Just wait until it gets hot and humid later in the month and into August. It's an acquired taste.

The good news is that there is some trout fishing in the tail-outs of some of the TVA lakes. If you're in Nashville, check out the Caney Fork just below Center Hill Res. It's 45 minutes or less east of Nashberg just off of I-40. Take the first exit past the rest area where I-40 crosses the Caney Fork. Head toward the dam. Very high stocked trout population especially near the boat launch in sight of the dam. Only fish when there is no release from the dam and listen closely for the release warning horn.

Just wait until it gets hot and humid later in the month and into August. It's an acquired taste.

The good news is that there is some trout fishing in the tail-outs of some of the TVA lakes. If you're in Nashville, check out the Caney Fork just below Center Hill Res. It's 45 minutes or less east of Nashberg just off of I-40. Take the first exit past the rest area where I-40 crosses the Caney Fork. Head toward the dam. Very high stocked trout population especially near the boat launch in sight of the dam. Only fish when there is no release from the dam and listen closely for the release warning horn.

We bought a home up north of Murfreesboro, in the Walter Hill area. I love me some trout fishing. I'll check it out - thanks!

We bought a home up north of Murfreesboro, in the Walter Hill area. I love me some trout fishing. I'll check it out - thanks!

It's a tail-out with plenty of scuds. Dead drift a weighted or bead-head gray or olive scud #16 or #18 under an indicator midstream. Get it down a few feet. My goal is to see how many times I can catch and release a daily limit. Doesn't take long to figure it out. Take extra flies. The locals will ask what you're using. Easier to give them one and let them watch what you're doing.

Welcome to TN! Heat and humidity are topics of most summer conversations:
"Hot today, ain't it?"
"Yep, but it's the humidity that really gits you."
"Right, but it ain't as bad as last year."
(That's just openers, usually goes another 10 minutes minimum.)

I'm abt miles NW of Nashville, farm so room to shoot but maybe can try out the range and catch you there sometime.

Frank

Welcome to the volunteer state couldn't give u input on that range since I'm farther east and we only have one range that is close to us with access to 600yards but it's always crowded I just shoot at the family farm where I can shoot to 700

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts