UPDATE!!!!! Owner found!! Stolen 1933 Ithaca shotgun recovered.....owner sought

WileyC

Guys, I'm copying this from tndeer.com where I'm a member. It's a post from a police detective who is trying to find the owner of a rare and collectible shotgun that has been recovered several years after being reported stolen in Nashville. This site gets a huge amount of traffic and I wanted to share this here in hopes of it reaching somebody that knows where the shotgun belongs.....somebody wants this beautiful weapon back....... feel free to post this anywhere you feel it would get proper exposure.

"To who this may concern. Good Morning , My name is David Ogle AKA on TNDEER as Yotekiller011. I'm a Detective in Knoxville and have recovered a very rare 1933 Ithaca 28ga. Shotgun. This gun maybe 1 of 3 examples in existence according to the collector/broker that shipped it. Only 44 were ever made. I know that it was reported stolen in Nashville in 1972 but Nashville Metro Police said they don't have archives that old.
I know it's a long shot but if anyone knows of someone who was a Victim of the theft of this gun I'd really appreciate you having them call me. I'm a gun enthusiast just as many of you are and know if this belong to my family I'd want it back.
My goal is to get it back to its rightful owner or descendants."

Respectfully, Det. David Ogle, AKA Yotekiller011.
865 215-7032, or cell 865 254-6886

Recovered shotgun.jpeg

UPDATE!!!!!!!!

This is the post that Detective Ogle made today on the forum that I started this thread from. The owner has been FOUND! Detective Ogle is to be commended for his valiant and successful efforts in returning this beautiful shotgun to its rightful owner!

UPDATE!!! Owner found🎉 52 years ago a young man was home alone when someone broke into his family's house and took several of his father's guns. Well, Iam happy to say I've recovered one gem of a shotgun and now have spoken to the 16 year old of 1972 who was violated by a burglar that day while his parents were away. Arrangements have been made for him to come get his gun. God is good!

Woah! That's an awesome story and glad to hear it found its safe return- you don't hear many quite like it. I have a couple family friends who were clearly "cased" at some point and a few months go by and boom their safes emptied… sad thing is likely someone they have known and trusted, but can't prove it was them. They had some incredible firearms and heritage pieces that you'll just never be able to replace. Sad.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!

This is the post that Detective Ogle made today on the forum that I started this thread from. The owner has been FOUND! Detective Ogle is to be commended for his valiant and successful efforts in returning this beautiful shotgun to its rightful owner!

UPDATE!!! Owner found🎉 52 years ago a young man was home alone when someone broke into his family's house and took several of his father's guns. Well, Iam happy to say I've recovered one gem of a shotgun and now have spoken to the 16 year old of 1972 who was violated by a burglar that day while his parents were away. Arrangements have been made for him to come get his gun. God is good!
Outstanding! Great work and sticking up for the little guy. 52 years. Heck of a long time. WOW!