Stolen Gun

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Willys46, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Willys46

Willys46 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

It's one of Joel Russo's specataclar builds.

It was stolen in Oregon City, OR

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  2. Woody26

Woody26 Well-Known Member

That sucks! Hope they find the bastards

3. mtnwrunner

mtnwrunner Well-Known Member

Man, that is just wrong. Find a large oak tree and get a rope.................

Randy

4. Tikkamike

Tikkamike Well-Known Member

whats the story? how did they steal it?

5. Wile E Coyote

Wile E Coyote Well-Known Member

A tall oak tree and a short rope regardless of the outcome.

6. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps Well-Known Member

that sucks, I'll keep an eye out for it on the East Side.
    Hope you get it back.

7. Willys46

Let my loss be a lesson. Cars do not make good gun safes.

I went shooting on Saturday and when I got home I got busy and did not unload my gun from the trunk. I got a call from a buddy to hit the range early Sunday morning so I got LAZY and left it in the trunk. Its safe in the trunk I thought.

They hit me in the night and went through the car, but what surprised me was they popped the trunk where it was stored. Lucky or did someone know it was there? not sure.

You get Lazy once and it burns you.

Another lesson on my behalf. I had my guns insured above and beyond your normal coverage. I was mistaken and thought it was a balloon coverage. I set it up 8 years ago when I was much younger and not to smart. Well since then I have made significant upgrades to the rifle since then...and my failure to notify them of the increase in value makes me only entitle to the value of it when it was a bone stock Rem PSS. $900.00.

Lets just say we are in discussions about value.

If your like me and upgrading your gear, Make a point to call your insurance provider and let them know. Its been a bad weekend so far and not looking like a great week!

8. mightyman

mightyman Well-Known Member

That is a sad story, and a hard lesson...but a few years ago, I was in the same boat.
    Had a very nice custom left hand rifle and went deer hunting...like you I got busy when I got home, was going again the next morning, and left it with Binoculars, range finder, and my sons 243 that his grand father gave him in my truck licked.

Had the keyless entry, and just threw keys in floorboard under seat, locked the truck.
    My son came in late, did not have garage opener, opened truck, garage door...and forgot to lock truck..
    Next morning, truck gone and all the guns, and supplies...
    Took a day or two to find the truck, but all was gone...
    I gave the police my numbers off my gun, but did not have it for other gun, or supplies...
    Next morning after theft, they raided a drug house, about 10 miles from me, found the gun, ran the numbers..but since it took me a day or two to get them the numbers, it came up, not owned.

4 years later, when the police were cleaning out the gun vault, as it were, before crushing them, they ran the numbers....they called me and I got it back..

So, the reason I am telling you this is it could show up....you never know.
    MM

9. cowboy

cowboy Well-Known Member

Man that just bites. Any chance anyone other than yourself knew that you had left it there. Not insinuating anything but that's an awful lot of coincidence you'd get hit on that particular night.

We've been hit at our office a number of times where they broke into employees cars while they were out of town and not once did they get into the trunks. Hit fast and run.

10. Willys46

My thought exactly, how many times do they go through the trunk? It's usally a fast hit and run.

To add to it, my shooting partner had his competition gun stolen about 5 months ago from his truck. We are starting to think someone at the range has been keeping an eye out. They said they are close to an arrest on the person that stole my buddies set up, so it will be interesting to run it against the clubs roster.

11. Barrelnut

Barrelnut Well-Known Member

Should have been a PM

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  12. Joel Russo

Joel Russo Official LRH Sponsor

I've been away for a few days... Any updates?

13. Willys46

Unfortunately I have not heard an update yet. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I will keep you all posted, and thanks for keeping an eye out.

14. Hunter2678

Hunter2678 Well-Known Member

sounds to me like someone at the range who knew where you lived or god forbid a "friend" who has a good idea of your MO. Ive known too many instances where friends of friends were the ones who stole from someone over the years.