Missing rifle reunited with owner in Bagdad AZ

Edit: At post #9 I added a photo of the owner and rifle, found him on facebook.
Got word that the missing long range rifle was reunited with a local in Bagdad. Apparently the finder, Gerry, returned it to the owner, according to the Sherriff in Bagdad.
The finder certainly followed thru on his commitment!
The bar owner I talked to knows probably everyone in town and let me know via her friend in the sherriffs office.
She also told me no one was getting any deer and to enjoy my beer and quit crying on the bar...
This was as close to a buck that I "glassed up"....
That's freaking awesome

That's freaking awesome
That's how I felt too. I don't know why this bothered me so much. I certainly would be sick to lose my rifle I guess. I pm'd him so will see what the story is. The photo was dated 10-7, same day Gerry showed it to me when found. Figured loading that elk up and someone wasn't looking around for belongings tied down. Off in the road it went!?

After my middle son was killed in a car accident, his prize ruger 77 30-06 was bequeathed to my youngest son.
He carried stuff out to his car one morning and layed the cased rifle on the car roof as he unlocked it and started it to warm up.
Long story short he took off and low & behold it flipped off the roof 1 block from the town watering hole.
Weirdest thing the next door neighbor to my oldest son happened to drive by and find the cased rifle laying in the street.
She reported it at the bar and we inquired the next day if there was talk of a found rifle. It was weird when we went next door to our hunting shack to solve the mystery of the lost rifle. All was good then.

It is chambered in 270 Weatherby by the way. Had his dope card in the ammo pouch. He was set up pretty good for open country I guess!
I need to update my S/N registry on my stuff. This certainly would be something some of us need to stay on top of.

It is chambered in 270 Weatherby by the way. Had his dope card in the ammo pouch. He was set up pretty good for open country I guess!
I need to update my S/N registry on my stuff. This certainly would be something some of us need to stay on top of.
I went thru and logged all my firearms serial numbers this summer. My brother is a criminal investigator and they recover numerous stolen firearms. Without the serial number reported when stolen its next to impossible to ever connect the dots on ownership. Then eventually they will get destroyed. Record them serial numbers and lock them up separate. I'd advise against using cell phone as it's none of Googles business what you have.